This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by apod View Post
    You 100% on that? The tender stated that both were required.
    I know, I thought the same but I'm just going off what lads have been getting issued by stores.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
      I know, I thought the same but I'm just going off what lads have been getting issued by stores.
      I just double checked it. Definetly stated in the tender.
      Only one thing for it.Get your hands on one!Bonus points for pictures,esp the tags!
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• If youre a PTL and have been issued one of the old tracksuits (2013) can you get a replacement issue of the new one? just asking for a mate like...
        "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Tracksuits are not on the CURRENT RDF issue scale.I say current as L3 is about to change and god knows what that might bring.
          Having said that if the person is a PTL and his OC contacted stores and made a case they may be able to help.
          I cant remember the notional life of the current tracksuit but if it was issued it in 2013 it's probably FWT at this stage.

BTW I saw the new tracksuit today.Plain black top and bottom with green piping.Less garish then the present one.
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

I just double checked it. Definetly stated in the tender.
            Only one thing for it.Get your hands on one!Bonus points for pictures,esp the tags!
            Any update??

Comment

Well, turns out what I saw wasn't the new driflo.

They're on issue in my location now... Plain green, no Ireland patch or velcro tab for rank markings.

New tracksuits are on issue as well, a drastic improvement on the last one.
              Trial item?
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Any update??
                No pics yet but I'll get my hands on some and throw them up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                  Trial item?
                  Definitely not trial.

Comment

No pics yet but I'll get my hands on some and throw them up!
                    Bump.Bump.

Comment

• Shirt doesn't look as bad in the flesh
                      Wicking tee shirt looks ok
                      Don't like the collar on the smock
                      Brown boots look ok
                      Pt kit looks ok
                      The collared tshirt looks good
                      Don't like the new tracksuit top I'm not sure of the cut on the sleeves

Comment

• I take it you were at some kind of brief/demo Dev?
                        Pics?
                        You never mentioned the trousers.

Comment

I take it you were at some kind of brief/demo Dev?
                          Pics?
                          You never mentioned the trousers.
                          To follow

Comment

• Saw a guy today wearing DPM trousers that looked like they had a flex panel below the belt line. Quite common on workwear or motorcycle clothing. Are these new issue?
                            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Sounds like the Arktis(crye copy) "Ranger" trousers on issue to the lads in dark green berets.They have flex panels at the waist,knees and crotch.Not on issue to us mere mortals and Arktis wont sell them to anybody who isn't Wing.
                              The 2016 general issue DPM trousers have a crotch gusset added to help solve the ripping issues and the 2018 trousers will have it too.Along with wonky pockets that angle the wrong way and ankle elastics that will look like shit.

Comment

• Got my hands on both the new long and short sleeve wicking t-shirts today.Flame retardant.Really soft and lightweight material.
                                Plain Olive green(same shade as the dark green in our DPM).As Fridgy stated above no velcro or tricolour. Dated 2017.That tells me that they are an interim item taken from the last batch of the current contract.
                                The 2018 version should have both the velcro and tricolour as per the tender.

Comment

Working...
                                X