Thanks Thanks:  64
Likes Likes:  90
Dislikes Dislikes:  4
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Soldier 2017

BQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    Yeah.I believe they are in stores down south also but not being issued out until the DPM ones are all gone.
    Typical.

Wont issue it until enough people have been issued an item of clothing that is absolutely shite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a look in OCES (I think it's called). Pallets of clothing that there are shortages of in the formations because there is no record of them being demanded (but there being none stock weren't issued). Hopefully the e-245B will aid that.

There's quite a good chance that the "new" shirt you get from stores is from the previous contract and has been on a pallet in OCES for at least a year

Post Thanks / Like
    I was issued two "new" shirts recently.
    2012 was the year of manufacture.
    "Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".
    -- Field Marshall Earl Wavell.1948

BQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah.I believe they are in stores down south also but not being issued out until the DPM ones are all gone.
    Well, turns out what I saw wasn't the new driflo.

They're on issue in my location now... Plain green, no Ireland patch or velcro tab for rank markings.

New tracksuits are on issue as well, a drastic improvement on the last one.

Post Thanks / Like

They're on issue in my location now... Plain green, no Ireland patch or velcro tab for rank markings.
    You 100% on that? The tender stated that both were required.
    "Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".

BQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    You 100% on that? The tender stated that both were required.
    I know, I thought the same but I'm just going off what lads have been getting issued by stores.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
    I know, I thought the same but I'm just going off what lads have been getting issued by stores.
    I just double checked it. Definetly stated in the tender.
    Only one thing for it.Get your hands on one!Bonus points for pictures,esp the tags!

Post Thanks / Like
    If youre a PTL and have been issued one of the old tracksuits (2013) can you get a replacement issue of the new one? just asking for a mate like...
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Post Thanks / Like
    Tracksuits are not on the CURRENT RDF issue scale.I say current as L3 is about to change and god knows what that might bring.
    Having said that if the person is a PTL and his OC contacted stores and made a case they may be able to help.
    I cant remember the notional life of the current tracksuit but if it was issued it in 2013 it's probably FWT at this stage.

BTW I saw the new tracksuit today.Plain black top and bottom with green piping.Less garish then the present one.

10. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Likes DeV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just double checked it. Definetly stated in the tender.
    Only one thing for it.Get your hands on one!Bonus points for pictures,esp the tags!
    Any update??

Post Thanks / Like

New tracksuits are on issue as well, a drastic improvement on the last one.
    Trial item?
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

BQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any update??
    No pics yet but I'll get my hands on some and throw them up!

14. Thanks apod thanked for this post
    Likes apod liked this post
    BQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Truck Driver View Post
    Trial item?
    Definitely not trial.

16. Thanks Truck Driver thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No pics yet but I'll get my hands on some and throw them up!
    Bump.Bump.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shirt doesn't look as bad in the flesh
    Wicking tee shirt looks ok
    Don't like the collar on the smock
    Brown boots look ok
    Pt kit looks ok
    The collared tshirt looks good
    Don't like the new tracksuit top I'm not sure of the cut on the sleeves

Post Thanks / Like
    I take it you were at some kind of brief/demo Dev?
    Pics?
    You never mentioned the trousers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pics?
    To follow

21. Thanks apod thanked for this post
    Major General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw a guy today wearing DPM trousers that looked like they had a flex panel below the belt line. Quite common on workwear or motorcycle clothing. Are these new issue?
    Well, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that Neil will be taking over both branches, and some of you will lose your jobs. Those of you who are kept on will have to relocate to Swindon, if you wanna stay. I know, gutting. On a more positive note, the good news is, I've been promoted, so... every cloud. You're still thinking about the bad news aren't you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like the Arktis(crye copy) "Ranger" trousers on issue to the lads in dark green berets.They have flex panels at the waist,knees and crotch.Not on issue to us mere mortals and Arktis wont sell them to anybody who isn't Wing.
    The 2016 general issue DPM trousers have a crotch gusset added to help solve the ripping issues and the 2018 trousers will have it too.Along with wonky pockets that angle the wrong way and ankle elastics that will look like shit.

24. Thanks na grohmití thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got my hands on both the new long and short sleeve wicking t-shirts today.Flame retardant.Really soft and lightweight material.
    Plain Olive green(same shade as the dark green in our DPM).As Fridgy stated above no velcro or tricolour. Dated 2017.That tells me that they are an interim item taken from the last batch of the current contract.
    The 2018 version should have both the velcro and tricolour as per the tender.

26. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got my hands on both the new long and short sleeve wicking t-shirts today.Flame retardant.Really soft and lightweight material.
    Plain Olive green(same shade as the dark green in our DPM).As Fridgy stated above no velcro or tricolour. Dated 2017.That tells me that they are an interim item taken from the last batch of the current contract.
    The 2018 version should have both the velcro and tricolour as per the tender.
    So not Mocha - as was being reported in some quarters - then...
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Post Thanks / Like
    They are a really strange colour imho

Post Thanks / Like
    Any chance of a photo of this elusive item Apod?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Truck Driver View Post
    Any chance of a photo of this elusive item Apod?
    Haven't been issued any and not likely to look for a new set until next year.

31. Thanks Truck Driver thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pics?
    On the trousers the are slanted differential to most designs (I hear to stop things falling out while lying)

Ref the design of smock and shirt we should have gone down this road
    http://www.hqrafregiment.net/images/PCSBrief2011.ppt

Thread Information