Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My ****ing god the state of the pants hahaha, christ why do they make these changes. If they'd any sense all upper garments would have the same shoulder pockets as the UBACs.
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Boonie hat cord - doesn't look as hard wearing as old one
      Neck guard - looks very heavy material and again something else to get lost
      Trouser pockets - like the slant and then they put 2 buttons on it rolleyes
      Wetsuit - looks fairly good

What's the D ring on the wet suit for?

Comment

• Nobody will ever wear the neck guard unless they want to look like a mong.
        To be fair the trouser pocket design is good apart from the forward slant.How we are supposed to get into them I dunno.
        The D ring is to attach gloves.That may just be a prototype feature though.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• These uniforms are going to look so leaping.

Why can't we just have good uniforms like every other military in the world. Had a look at a German friends dpms and they're infinity better than ours. Just super usable and practical.
          I knew a simple soldier boy.....
          Who grinned at life in empty joy,
          Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
          And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
          With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
          He put a bullet through his brain.
          And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
          Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
          Sneak home and pray you'll never know
          The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• I recently stocked up with a couple of the current trousers and shirts.They should last me for the next 2-3 years.Hopefully by that time someone will have realised that the proposed new shirt and trousers are hideous ala the elvis shirts, and make changes to the next tender.

That was the plan.Two new shirts.Same size as previous issue.Same manufacturer.Different year of manufacture.

Different sleeve length!! Seriously.An orangutan would feel at home in them(No jokes smartarses.)

Plan f***ed.

PS: The 2016 trousers with the gusset are fairly good.
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
              To be fair the trouser pocket design is good apart from the forward slant.How we are supposed to get into them I dunno.
              Slant supposed to allow easier access to pockets when kneeling, prone, etc. Although I've seen pockets designed with same thought process behind them with the slant to the rear instead....which would seem more practical, ergonomic to me in kneeling.
              An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

• The further this thread goes, in my opinion, the closer we are getting to a return to the old combats, except in DPM. All the advantages the DPM brought on its introduction seem to have been deleted.
                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• I'd imagine the wonky pants pocket make things easier to take out when you're sitting down, pity about the walking thing....

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                    The further this thread goes, in my opinion, the closer we are getting to a return to the old combats, except in DPM. All the advantages the DPM brought on its introduction seem to have been deleted.
                    At this stage they might as well go back to barracks dress before they ****up the uniform any more, there'll be ties next

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                      I'd imagine the wonky pants pocket make things easier to take out when you're sitting down, pity about the walking thing....
                      Actually quiet the opposite.

Comment

• As one who trained in overalls and khaki shirt, I am so fecking jealous of the Gucci kit.

This is probably one of the best threads on IMO.

Well done APOD.
                        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                          As one who trained in overalls and khaki shirt, I am so fecking jealous of the Gucci kit.

This is probably one of the best threads on IMO.

Well done APOD.
                          Fully agree. Cheers APOD for the insights (abysmal as they may be)

Comment

• That kit is atrocious. If the people in procurement actually put in the time and effort to conduct proper consultation, trials and testing they would most certainly come up with kit that is fit for purpose instead of that garbage.
                            Too busy looking at cutting costs and quantity over quality. My suggestion would be to introduce a hard wearing, practical, fit for purpose uniform for tactical training (2 issue max) and an everyday barrack uniform. That would insure troops aren't destroying uniforms on a massive scale when conducting tactical training.
                            An example of such a system would be that utilised by the ADF.
                            Last edited by AATWT; 22 May 2017, 13:38.

Comment

• Originally posted by AATWT View Post
                              That kit is atrocious. If the people in procurement actually put in the time and effort to conduct proper consultation, trials and testing they would most certainly come up with kit that is fit for purpose instead of that garbage.
                              Too busy looking at cutting costs and quantity over quality. My suggestion would be to introduce a hard wearing, practical, fit for purpose uniform for tactical training (2 issue max) and an everyday barrack uniform. That would insure troops aren't destroying uniforms on a massive scale when conducting tactical training.
                              An example of such a system would be that utilised by the ADF.
                              http://www.defence.gov.au/dmo/NewsMe...combat-uniform
                              No no no, you have that all arseways. You're talking sense man!

Comment

• Like working dress?
                                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Working...
                                X