Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the points of the intro of DPM was having a combined combat/barrack dress.

Comment

• And then they started adding bits that were only to be worn in barracks or in a combat environment. But not both.
      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Getting seyntex to make "ranger" pants like arktis make for the wing to match the ubacs would effectively make a combat dress, just issue to inf, cav etc, bods on courses and the overseas crew. Leave the rest of the uniform as the mincing around the barracks rig with the barracks jacket.
        Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Any info on the boots, I hate issue ones and want to buy new boots. But are they staying with black or going brown

Comment

• At this rate, I'm expecting the following headline in the Waterford Whisper News - "DF propose 10,000 different uniforms for its 10,000 members"

Comment

• Originally posted by holdfast View Post
              Any info on the boots, I hate issue ones and want to buy new boots. But are they staying with black or going brown
              Was told recently "brown is the word"
              Am thinking the MOU with our colleagues across the water is pushing this.
              Isn't the Haix Tibet (or a version of it) one of the five available issue boot types to the British Armed Forces?

As it is, a soft Haix boot is now on issue for overseas (well at least one of the lads at my callsign got a set anyway)
              Last edited by Truck Driver; 26 May 2017, 22:26.
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• The new Dress Codes have gone live on IKON. DCoS SP,J1 page.
                RSM Kitchener's swan song before he hangs up his beloved cane and becomes the full time poet of the drop short corps.

Anyway.Basically they are visual depictions of each items of dress across all services and corps and how and when they should be worn.What I want to know is how official they are IE Will wear that way as opposed to should.Moot point as they are obsolete already in some cases. Norgie being withdrawn for example.
                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                  The new Dress Codes have gone live on IKON. DCoS SP,J1 page.
                  RSM Kitchener's swan song before he hangs up his beloved cane and becomes the full time poet of the drop short corps.

Anyway.Basically they are visual depictions of each items of dress across all services and corps and how and when they should be worn.What I want to know is how official they are IE Will wear that way as opposed to should.Moot point as they are obsolete already in some cases. Norgie being withdrawn for example.
                  Not before time. Remember Trellheim making this very point that this should be done ages ago. Maybe he has a contact in J1 to float the suggestion to?
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Are they in line with the regs?

Eg the cane

Comment

Is he still serving? Thought he retired ages ago.
                      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                        Are they in line with the regs?

Eg the cane
                        No mention of that item.So yes.

Yes he is still in.Due out this year AFAIK.
                        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• New Combat gloves being trialled on next Infantry Platoon Sgts course. Due to go on issue alongside the current Waterproof gloves.

Comment

Next Spike Milligan you say? Well if he's a gun bunny then no doubt he is a gentleman of intellect sound. Please send me on his latest verse on the beauty of double base* propellant combustion in the morning.

*Haters will say it's triple base

Comment

• I'm not sure if they're personal to the wearer or come along with the car but a lot of the crewman helmets in the mowags overseas in friends photos from their trip are in shocking condition. The entire finish gone on the helmet, god knows what the rest of it is like. They're in worse condition than the shitty ex pdf horse riding helmets that the RDF/FCA used till "single force concept"
                              Last edited by The real Jack; 6 June 2017, 19:41.
                              Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                                I'm not sure if they're personal to the wearer or come along with the car but a lot of the crewman helmets in the mowags overseas in friends photos from their trip are in shocking condition. The entire finish gone on the helmet, god knows what the rest of it is like. They're in worse condition than the shitty ex pdf horse riding helmets that the RDF/FCA used till "single force concept"
                                Christ those lids were absolutely leaping.
                                I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                                Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                                Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                                And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                                With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                                He put a bullet through his brain.
                                And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                                Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                                Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                                The hell where youth and laughter go.