• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is also role specific.

A driver will have a different load out than a rifleman, sniper, etc

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
      A driver will have a different load out than a rifleman, sniper, etc
      ...packet of fags, mars bars, haribo jellys, the Sun and a tacticool 10,000 lumen torch!
      An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by X-RayOne View Post
        ...packet of fags, mars bars, haribo jellys, the Sun and a tacticool 10,000 lumen torch!
        Well snipers would need reading material while they are waiting for a target to appear

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
          Well snipers would need reading material while they are waiting for a target to appear
          Duh.. that's what smart phones are for... :D
          For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Back to point...improvements for smock and trousers, etc.

Anybody else doing better versions of combat jackets that we could borrow ideas from?

UK with PCS has pretty much relegated smock to an outer wear item when / only if CBA, webbing not worn. Instead using shirt (or UBACS or raingear if appropriate) as lightwieght outer with thermal layers below it in normal tactical roles.
            An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

British Army has been using shirt as outer layer for a long time

Comment

Not quite so.Go over to ARRSE and read all the bitching about how when the CS95 "Lightweight jacket" IE shirt came out and how it was intended to be worn as outer layer in warm weather.
                But they weren't allowed as "outer layer" ONLY meant smock to the hierarchy at the time.Some people would even say that attitude hasn't changed in some units.Even since the advent of PCS.
                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

hey there guys, I'm sorry I couldn't make a new post (not sure why) so I'm just gonna ask it here. I've heard soldiers are allowed to have some oxy with them just in case. I mean, is that true? that's an pain killer that is given strictly with prescription but someone told me that they give it to *soldier's kit* I doubt it but that's why I am here. IMO it is much likely to be a kamagra in there than oxy :D
                  Last edited by Peopeor; 23 February 2017, 16:36.

Comment

Don't tell him pike

Comment

Mod note : discussion about opioids/Oxycontin is not permitted on thread, medical issues are strictly the province of the MO
                      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Tender for new DPM items and SD items is out.
                        A few changes with the DPM's. Some good.Some not so IMHO.
                        SD's no change to current pattern as far as I can see.
                        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                          Tender for new DPM items and SD items is out.
                          A few changes with the DPM's. Some good.Some not so IMHO.
                          What are the changes to the DPMs?

I saw a few people trialling the new boot today... Haix Scout in brown.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                            Pity, the high collar that did the rounds last year looked great IMO.
                            What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ODIN View Post
                              Pity, the high collar that did the rounds last year looked great IMO.
                              Thought it looked shite TBH without a revamp of the remainder of the tunic/whole uniform
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

More importantly how comfortable would it be?

Comment

Working...
                                X