Thanks Thanks:  68
Likes Likes:  98
Dislikes Dislikes:  5
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Soldier 2017

Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by northie View Post
    Nobody to my knowledge is buying the Scout though, there are similar boots being used, the Boots, Combat High Liability from the uk and the french have a slightly higher boot that uses the same mid and outsole as the scout which is called the nepal pro on the civilian market.
    What's the difference between the scout and whatever the hell in the high liability combat boot? they look pretty similar...

Is whatever the difference is enough to justify whatever price difference there'd be between X thousand Scouts on a separate contract and X thousand of CHLB on a joint contract?

Post Thanks / Like
    In a word .No.
    The brown desert boots the lads in Mali are using are the exact same as the current Desert High liability boots the UKAF issue. It would be a fair bet that we would stick to that formula and trial the CHLB boot.
    At least I hope that's what happening.Those Feench army Nepal pros are fugly.
    "Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".
    -- Field Marshall Earl Wavell.1948

3. Likes ropebag liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone Iv talked to don't like the trial boot
    Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spider pig View Post
    Any idea why?

Personally I prefer the Alt-berg, but the haix has a big following and such things are merely a matter of personal preference.

I'd find it odd if you gave the CHLB to 10 people and more than 4 didn't like it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spider pig View Post
    What don't they like?
    "Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".

Non Temetis Messor The real Jack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This in unrelated but I was just wondering since when the tricolour on No 1s a thing?

Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The real Jack View Post
    This in unrelated but I was just wondering since when the tricolour on No 1s a thing?

In an overseas appointment

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    The new style SD is not gone.Just pushed back.The new tender is as per the current design.
    The new smock design looks good. Angled upper sleeve pockets.No chest pockets.Pen pocket on left forearm. FFD pocket on right Forearm.Poachers pocket on inside rear.Hood is staying.Ends of waist drawcord concealed
    The new shirt is an abortion.Picture the shirt we have now.With slits in the hem at side to accomodate the female hips and NO chest pockets.No angled sleeve pockets eitherPen pocket as now.Yuck.
    As for the trousers!Imagine the current BA PCS style trousers pockets(Concealed buttons ,pocket angled.).Now angle the map pockets forward instead of backwards.Add an elastic waist adjuster under the belt.And elasticated ankle cuffs.Again Yuck.
    T-shirt colour is Green NOT brown as previously thought(probably a trial variant) but made from Modacryl. Rank velcro and Tricolour as now.
    Wet suit jacket design is similar to the smock but with a fold away hood.Zipped lower front pocket with waterproof zips and forearm pockets as per the smock.No upper sleeve pockets.No change to the overtrousers.
    Che Che and headover are gone as are the gaiters and Norgie.
    Coolmax socks replacing the current "socks heavy".
    Boonie hat has a detachable neck curtain.
    The Westlife is back too!

I disagree with you on the shirt - it doesn't look like an abortion - it looks like an alien abortion gone wrong!

Open to correction on this:
    - common peaker for all ranks (not sure if that all ready the case)
    - common overcoat for all ranks
    - ties (both the normal one and clip on)

Types of beret:
    Black with red patch
    Olive with lime green patch
    Dark Green with dark green patch
    Red with no patch

Please don't tell me!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dev are you joking or is there actually 2 different green berets in the tender?

11. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Major General
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the (non ARW) green beret was a thing of the past?
    Well, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that Neil will be taking over both branches, and some of you will lose your jobs. Those of you who are kept on will have to relocate to Swindon, if you wanna stay. I know, gutting. On a more positive note, the good news is, I've been promoted, so... every cloud. You're still thinking about the bad news aren't you?

13. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dev are you joking or is there actually 2 different green berets in the tender?
    I wish I was ......and that's definite

The bit I'm not sure about is where I say all ranks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    The Westlife is back too!

I disagree with you on the shirt - it doesn't look like an abortion - it looks like an alien abortion gone wrong!

Open to correction on this:
    - common peaker for all ranks (not sure if that all ready the case)
    - common overcoat for all ranks
    - ties (both the normal one and clip on)

Types of beret:
    Black with red patch
    Olive with lime green patch
    Dark Green with dark green patch
    Red with no patch

Please don't tell me!!!!!
    WTF? We are reverting back to a green beret because someone f***ed up on a flash???
    Can't see either the common overcoat or cap being a flyer. Unless it means ORs are getting an upgraded overcoat (the latest issue ARE paper thin though). And why clip on and non clip on ties?
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

16. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Likes DeV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've lost my login details for etenders so I can't log in to view the full specs in the documents, If it is enough time has now passed that the thousands of green lids that were floating around in buckshee, Bde & Bn stores have probably been binned! Most bods who are in a while would still have one or 2 at home anyways.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lads.Calm your ovaries.Those are most likely copy and paste efforts from previous tenders,and they forgot to amend them.

19. Likes Truck Driver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lads.Calm your ovaries.Those are most likely copy and paste efforts from previous tenders,and they forgot to amend them.
    Until someone orders them then they have to be issued everyone gets 2 and then the 500 person RDF gets black again.

The Westlife jacket is a standalone document and that's there (they have been taken off the scale of issue in the last few month)
    Last edited by DeV; 23rd February 2017 at 11:38.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wtf is the westlife jacket? Barracks jacket?

Post Thanks / Like
    Wtf is the westlife jacket? Barracks jacket?
    Correct - no idea why it just is

Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody calls it the westlife jacket except people posting here.
    As an aside the Barracks jacket was never taken off the issue scale.

24. Likes The real Jack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol so the only person who calls it that is Dev! I was wondering why I never heard it, in fact i've heard it just called a fleece!

Post Thanks / Like
    TBH that post was the first time I've ever called it that. I've heard of barracks jackets being taken off PDF

Post Thanks / Like
    No.Still around.We,and ye are losing the Norgie.

Post Thanks / Like
    No.Still around.We,and ye are losing the Norgie.
    Gone for PDF as well?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    Gone for PDF as well?
    Yup.AS is the headover and Che che and Gaiters.

30. Dislikes DeV disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Headover and che che?

Post Thanks / Like
    losing gaiters and headover seems a bit short sighted.

always handy bits of kit...especially in cold, wet Ireland!
    The people of England have been led in Mesopotamia into a trap from which it will be hard to escape with dignity and honour. They have been tricked into it by a steady withholding of information. The Baghdad communiqués are belated, insincere, incomplete.....It is a disgrace to our imperial record, and may soon be too inflamed for any ordinary cure.We are to-day not far from a disaster.

T.E. Lawrence, 2 Aug 1920.

33. Thanks apod thanked for this post
    Likes ODIN, Truck Driver liked this post

Thread Information