Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new style SD is not gone.Just pushed back.The new tender is as per the current design.
    The new smock design looks good. Angled upper sleeve pockets.No chest pockets.Pen pocket on left forearm. FFD pocket on right Forearm.Poachers pocket on inside rear.Hood is staying.Ends of waist drawcord concealed
    The new shirt is an abortion.Picture the shirt we have now.With slits in the hem at side to accomodate the female hips and NO chest pockets.No angled sleeve pockets eitherPen pocket as now.Yuck.
    As for the trousers!Imagine the current BA PCS style trousers pockets(Concealed buttons ,pocket angled.).Now angle the map pockets forward instead of backwards.Add an elastic waist adjuster under the belt.And elasticated ankle cuffs.Again Yuck.
    T-shirt colour is Green NOT brown as previously thought(probably a trial variant) but made from Modacryl. Rank velcro and Tricolour as now.
    Wet suit jacket design is similar to the smock but with a fold away hood.Zipped lower front pocket with waterproof zips and forearm pockets as per the smock.No upper sleeve pockets.No change to the overtrousers.
    Che Che and headover are gone as are the gaiters and Norgie.
    Coolmax socks replacing the current "socks heavy".
    Boonie hat has a detachable neck curtain.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

So we went from green T shirt to DPM and back to green again???
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
        So we went from green T shirt to DPM and back to green again???
        Shh.......don't bring attention to it.......
        To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Oh.Forgot to add.With the death of the Norgie (once stocks are exhausted) the RDF is going to be issued the Snugpak.
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
            Oh.Forgot to add.With the death of the Norgie (once stocks are exhausted) the RDF is going to be issued the Snugpak.
            What kind of Snugpak?
            To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Originally posted by HavocIRL View Post
              What kind of Snugpak?
              The only already on issue to PDF I assume, reversible green/black

Comment

That shirt design sounds absolutely horrific.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                  The only already on issue to PDF I assume, reversible green/black
                  Correct.

Comment

i wonder if the Haix Scout trial is the prelude to a joint buy?

i personally don't get on with them because they've got the gore-tex lining, and i prefer my non-winter boots to be unlined, but lots of others really like them and i've never seen any criticism in terms of the materials or build quality.

i think we buy about 50,000 pairs of the Haix boots each year, sticking a few thousand extras on would not, i think, be a problem beyond the wit of man to solve...

Comment

Currently I have on issue - real lssue not bogey issue

Norwegian fleece type thing, also a green fleece jacket . this is when I was made part of the Integrated Reserve ; Along with the IPLCS I was supposed to be issued but never got lol

isn't the norwegian an undershirt - under the dpm - type thing and the snugpak and outer layer ?
                      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

It was trell but the current norgie is basically a thicker dryflo in DPM. Wouldn't like to rely on it keeping you warm in Oct/Nov.
                        Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

the army bargains cheap norgies were actually really good pieces of kit, not sure if they are still doing them
                          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                            the army bargains cheap norgies were actually really good pieces of kit, not sure if they are still doing them
                            The issue green ones were really good too. Remember going into stores to get issued one. Asked for size, wasn't sure how the sizing translated into inches. The lads had one on a desk. Gave it to me to try on. Yep, fitted. Got me new one in pack from the shelf. Made to hand back the one I'd tried on, was told to hang on to it. So I walked out with two of them. Business for cold weather
                            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                              British Army has been using shirt as outer layer for a long time
                              about 22 years or so.
                              RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by ropebag View Post
                                i wonder if the Haix Scout trial is the prelude to a joint buy?

i personally don't get on with them because they've got the gore-tex lining, and i prefer my non-winter boots to be unlined, but lots of others really like them and i've never seen any criticism in terms of the materials or build quality.

i think we buy about 50,000 pairs of the Haix boots each year, sticking a few thousand extras on would not, i think, be a problem beyond the wit of man to solve...
                                Nobody to my knowledge is buying the Scout though, there are similar boots being used, the Boots, Combat High Liability from the uk and the french have a slightly higher boot that uses the same mid and outsole as the scout which is called the nepal pro on the civilian market.

Comment

Working...
                                X