Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wtf is the westlife jacket? Barracks jacket?
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
      Wtf is the westlife jacket? Barracks jacket?
      Correct - no idea why it just is

Comment

Nobody calls it the westlife jacket except people posting here.
        As an aside the Barracks jacket was never taken off the issue scale.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Lol so the only person who calls it that is Dev! I was wondering why I never heard it, in fact i've heard it just called a fleece!
          Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

TBH that post was the first time I've ever called it that. I've heard of barracks jackets being taken off PDF

Comment

No.Still around.We,and ye are losing the Norgie.
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                No.Still around.We,and ye are losing the Norgie.
                Gone for PDF as well?

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                  Gone for PDF as well?
                  Yup.AS is the headover and Che che and Gaiters.

Comment

Headover and che che?

Comment

• losing gaiters and headover seems a bit short sighted.

always handy bits of kit...especially in cold, wet Ireland!
                      An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

• I've never found gaiters that useful tbh in a patrolling env but am RDF so limited experience. Plenty of hillwalking and I find the same
                        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Great for night patrols and night nav's when you cant see where you are stepping.I always carry mine in my Bergen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
                            What are the changes to the DPMs?

I saw a few people trialling the new boot today... Haix Scout in brown.
                            Saw one of the lads in my location late last week wearing a pair. But he was issued same on foot of the fact that he is deploying overseas shortly.
                            Canvas boots, fine for dry, dusty environments, but would be an absolute b'stard to get properly cleaned again if you stepped in a muckpond with them, IMHO.
                            Asked him if they were Goretex lined, he didn't know...
                            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Those are the Haix desert boots issued for Mali. Different beast but similar design.

Comment

• The more I think about it the more I am despising the idea of having to wear the proposed new shirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X