Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Non Temetis Messor The real Jack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hptmurphy View Post
    I trust you never saw Irish Steel up close and personal in the mid to late 1980s and read the reports on the residues remaining?
    Never saw it operating, I'll try did out those reports to read. It wasn't a big plant and it wasn't operating that long. If the place was such a big poison factory how is there surviving NS members, workers and Cobh residents? It's very convenient to blame everything on Irish steel when half of the cork harbour residents work in other polluting plants that did what they want at the time be it Whitegate/Pfizer/IFI and whoever else.
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Major General
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was a steel mill operating in the site since the 1920s. Irish steel begun operating from there in the 1970s and increased the size and output. They also took over much of the island and increased its land area in the 80s through dumping of slag .
    Well, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that Neil will be taking over both branches, and some of you will lose your jobs. Those of you who are kept on will have to relocate to Swindon, if you wanna stay. I know, gutting. On a more positive note, the good news is, I've been promoted, so... every cloud. You're still thinking about the bad news aren't you?

Thread Information