Timeline of Kit issue to the DF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeline of Kit issue to the DF

I must start a thread giving dates when different pieces of personal kit went on issue.
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

2005 was a key year when they stopped issuing the og fleece & and only issued the norgie. RDFRA were patting themselves on the back at the time for getting this enshrined in the regs.
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

1989 when we started getting issue working dress instead of just SD1 for everything. Great coats came off the issue scale at the same time IIRC
      Ho Chi Minh jackets came out too both for pdf and FCA did not last long for PDF but much longer for FCA, not actually a bad bit of kit but very limited as it was crap in rain and cold
      Official OG wooly pully at same time too
      Baseball hats were on issue to PDF at the same time but only for a short period

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
        1989 when we started getting issue working dress instead of just SD1 for everything. Great coats came off the issue scale at the same time IIRC
        Ho Chi Minh jackets came out too both for pdf and FCA did not last long for PDF but much longer for FCA, not actually a bad bit of kit but very limited as it was crap in rain and cold
        Official OG wooly pully at same time too
        Baseball hats were on issue to PDF at the same time but only for a short period
        It must have been a bit later, I joined up in 1990, we only got SD1 until camp of 1991, we were issued great coats as well.
        You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

was it red epaulettes at the time ; think it was green.

Interested in remembering when we lost the black beret and went green, also when Bulls Wool went out.

38 webbing wasn't officially replaced till PDF donated the 58 web , that was some fire in the Brugha. IPLCS was 2008

14bs for Magnums - what year

Comment

I don't ever remember being issued with a greatcoat that had green epaulettes. Always only Maroon.
            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

1996: First issue of OG combats to FCA.
              I believe the Magnums went on issue to the RDF in 2007.
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                1996: First issue of OG combats to FCA.
                I believe the Magnums went on issue to the RDF in 2007.
                Haix?
                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

2004.We were the first unit to get them. 28 inf Gp KFOR.
                  "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Remember being on first annual training in 1989. Was on guard duty one night and the PDF BOS was chatting with us in the guardroom. "Ye lads are getting working dress shortly" he said. We'd heard nothing about it at the time. We got working dress trousers, wooly pully and Ho Chi Minh jacket. Like Trellheim said, wear of it didn't last long. For some reason, it was another while before we got the working dress shirt. Until then we wore the SD No 1 shirt with it. Didn't think it was 96 when we got the combats. Thought sooner. Like most, had contraband combats. Cooks, etc. , were making a mint flogging same off. How they squared it away with kit inspections I don't know
                    Last edited by Truck Driver; 22 February 2017, 17:00.
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

... never saw the baseball caps. Initial issue of SD No 1 had red epaulettes as did the greatcoat. This was my issue on my Pot NCO Cse. One of the lads in my section had an SD No 1 tunic with green epaulettes. Subsequently got an issue of SD No 1 and greatcoat with green epaulettes.
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                        2005 was a key year when they stopped issuing the og fleece & and only issued the norgie. RDFRA were patting themselves on the back at the time for getting this enshrined in the regs.
                        Never managed to get an OG fleece on issue. Ended up buying a Soldier 2000 fleece. Needed on cold winter nights and could not be seen under the DPM smock anyway

Comment

I joined in 96 and got combats and working dress. Still havent got a greatcoat. Also got a green cravat which i never used.
                          Last edited by koppiteal; 21 February 2017, 23:19.

Comment

Also got a green cravat which i never used.
                            I forgot about those fkers !

OK here's one : when did the kit bags go on issue ? Bonus points if you can remember what years they shifted to progressively worse versions. I still have the first issue kitbag and its by a LONG WAY the best item of kit I was ever issued, still going strong

Comment

Was before i joined because i got one with my initial issue.
                              Still have it. Newer schoolbag types are s**te

Comment

Working...
                              X