Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

AC & NS personnel overseas

Talking about overseas as in the tradition ground based on eg IRISHFINBATT with UNIFIL

Is there the same contractual obligation on members of the NS & AC to serve overseas to extend etc the contracts?

BQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure about the NS but it is the case for the AC as far as I'm aware.

It's an absurd policy and downright dangerous to have people serving in Infantry roles who aren't part of the Infantry Corps.

3. Likes apod, na grohmití, jack08, holdfast liked this post
    Dislikes Spark23 disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    TBH my thinking was there are quite a high number on the Leb trip compared to the size of the services and the number of vacancies they have

Brigadier General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
    I'm not sure about the NS but it is the case for the AC as far as I'm aware.

It's an absurd policy and downright dangerous to have people serving in Infantry roles who aren't part of the Infantry Corps.
    Especially so when infantry trained RDF cant go.

Non Temetis Messor The real Jack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    NS and AC would still have had more infantry training than RDF bods even before pre deployment training danno get real.
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Brigadier General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The real Jack View Post
    NS and AC would still have had more infantry training than RDF bods even before pre deployment training danno get real.
    Not any more.
    Well, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that Neil will be taking over both branches, and some of you will lose your jobs. Those of you who are kept on will have to relocate to Swindon, if you wanna stay. I know, gutting. On a more positive note, the good news is, I've been promoted, so... every cloud. You're still thinking about the bad news aren't you?

8. Likes Galloglass, apod liked this post
    BQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The real Jack View Post
    Maybe at some stage, when they were recruits. As for when they become Airmen, Seamen etc? Not a hope.

I'd take an RDF body with 5 years in the Infantry with me overseas as a rifleman quicker than I would an Airman or Seaman with 5 years service in the respective jobs.

10. Thanks apod thanked for this post
    Likes DeV, apod liked this post

Thread Information