A New Dawn: Interactive Recruitment Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Dawn: Interactive Recruitment Video

The Defence Forces have created the world's first interactive recruitment video.

Link to video.
    Ce domaine est peut-être à vendre!

Damn you.Beat me to it.Was just about to post the Link.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

That's very well done, they've come a long way from the shitty music and the bebo video quality! The POV style was great it brings back memories from running around Davis, they skipped the venison burgers on the square after endex though
      Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

It said I'm a "Ross" what did everybody else get?
        To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

I ran out of water at the top of the steps... No resup.
          For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

When did they get PEQs for the Mod 14s? Were they trial items or something that's just rolled out when they want people to look gucci?

Comment

Every time I pick the correct answer it picks the others answer

Comment

Originally posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
                When did they get PEQs for the Mod 14s? Were they trial items or something that's just rolled out when they want people to look gucci?
                LA5's borrowed from you know who for the purpose of making the video.Having said that the use of same also ties in with the board that is sitting at the moment
                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

you can lose when you play this?
                  "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                  "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Only by clicking the link at the end.

Seriously, really well done.

Comment

Originally posted by expat01 View Post
                      Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                      you can lose when you play this?
                      Only by clicking the link at the end.
                      That made my day!

Comment

It's a nice idea, but they could have done more with it. The choices are pretty simplistic, and they could have filmed things like "If we go through the minefield, what happens?" instead of simply saying "Wrong! We'll do this anyway).

After all, there are usually no 'wrong' answers in combat, just more or less advisable courses of action.
                        Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

True, but then we would be getting beyond a recruiting tool and creating a training tool...or a real game!

Comment

Originally posted by expat01 View Post
                            True, but then we would be getting beyond a recruiting tool and creating a training tool...or a real game!
                            The NZ army had such a game in the past as a recruiting tool. You had to cam up a LAV, place a section in defence, then run the scenario to see how well your efforts were. You also had to assemble a steyr correctly...
                            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Pretty sure the Brits had this years ago. You had to assault through a compound in Afghanistan (without the killing bit) and pick up Intel and bomb making components and things like that.
                              I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                              Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                              Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                              And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                              With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                              He put a bullet through his brain.
                              And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                              Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                              Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                              The hell where youth and laughter go.