No announcement yet.

Rescue 116

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rest In Peace doesn't seem enough for the crew given all the wonderful rescues they've been involved in.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky42 View Post
      Rest In Peace doesn't seem enough for the crew given all the wonderful rescues they've been involved in.
      Absolutely. Their courage and professionalism - when you saw them go about their work, you'd almost think it was routine, but they're absolute pro's undertaking an incredibly difficult and dangerous job every day of the week.

I cannot imagine what their fellow CG members are going through at the moment, doing their job again, but this time it's their colleagues and friends they're searching for.

Comment

RIP
        "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

RIP

Comment

RIP

Comment

Rest in Peace
              I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

RIP

Comment

RIP - a sad, sad day.
                  “The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards.”
                  ― Thucydides

Comment

RIP

Comment

As an IRCG volunteer down on the south coast, i would like to extend my deepest sympathies to the Fitzptrick family and indeed to the families of all the crew members of R116, our thoughts are also with our colleagues on the ground who are faced with this sad recovery. rest in peace.

Comment

RIP.

Comment

RIP.
                          It was the year of fire...the year of destruction...the year we took back what was ours.
                          It was the year of rebirth...the year of great sadness...the year of pain...and the year of joy.
                          It was a new age...It was the end of history.
                          It was the year everything changed.

Comment

Very sad news. RIP
                            'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                            'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                            Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                            He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                            http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Shocking visuals on the news of what can only be described as fragments of fuselage being brought ashore. obviously a catastrophic failure, the very fact that crew diddnt activate any of their epirbs is telling. even the on board beacons never activated apparently. very strange and i would imagine a first for rescue services worldwide.

Comment

Originally posted by restless View Post
                                Shocking visuals on the news of what can only be described as fragments of fuselage being brought ashore. obviously a catastrophic failure, the very fact that crew diddnt activate any of their epirbs is telling. even the on board beacons never activated apparently. very strange and i would imagine a first for rescue services worldwide.
                                I was thinking the same thing, though of course we'll have to wait to see with the investigation, just hope the black boxes aren't damaged from whatever happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X