Rescue 116

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescue 116

Examiner.ie reporting a search is underway for the Dublin based Rescue 116 coastguard helicopter. Contact was lost around 1am as the aircraft was off the West coast heading to assist colleagues on medevac.
    Last edited by na grohmiti; 14 March 2017, 18:56.
    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

It's being reported on all the news apps now.

Comment

Here's praying they are found safe and well

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
        Here's praying they are found safe and well
        I think we all hope so, I'm just worried that it's so long since the crash with no word.

Comment

This doesn't sound good:
          Tony McNamara, lifeboat operations manager in Achill told TheJournal.ie their boat was on scene at 2.15am.

“Conditions are reasonable. It was a moonlit night last night so it wasn’t so bed. It’s daylight now, which makes it easier for them.”

McNamara said “quite a bit of debris” could be seen in the water at the scene early this morning.

Comment

7 hours now. Marine Traffic showing a search concentrated north of Achill.

Comment

1 found in critical condition

Comment

IRCG don't hold out much hope for the crew (including the survivor who was found). Let's hope they are wrong.

It was on its way into Blacksod Lighthouse to refuel prior to heading out to sea

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                  IRCG don't hold out much hope for the crew (including the survivor who was found). Let's hope they are wrong.

It was on its way into Blacksod Lighthouse to refuel prior to heading out to sea
                  Rough year for IRCG, helicopter crashes are always nasty. Would it be wrong of me to ask why fly the Dublin 92 over and have to refuel it, rather than have the CASA provide Top Cover?

Comment

Prayers with all crew and family

Comment

Questions will be asked in time. I did hear Charlie 253 (I think) on freq while on my last sector yesterday at 4pm. It may have been an availability issue.
                      I have always found the concept of a helicopter providing top cover for a helicopter as strange. Unfortunately it takes a major loss of life in this country to embarrass politicians into providing suitable equipment in suitable numbers.

Comment

It is very important not to speculate at this time, just keep with known facts and nothing else....
                        "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                        Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                        Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

The recovered member Captain Dara Fitzpatrick has died. RIP

Comment

There was this issue, but that looks like it was properly handled: http://www.irishtimes.com/news/irela...ecks-1.2931981

Comment

Rest in Peace

Thoughts with the family, colleagues and friends of the crew.

Comment

Working...
                              X