Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  33
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chief Casey Ryback
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zone 1 View Post
    he might get job in colombia flying planes
    Yea , and the cargo my be a little lighter on arrival .
    Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Non Temetis Messor The real Jack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo20 View Post
    Its not him I'm worried about, it is the impact on the rest of us. What is stopping someone deciding to leak your confidential files to others?
    Nothing, Mary Lou's carry on the dail means you're only recourse in shite like this is bankupting yourself in the High court, but DOB lose his case so you're effectively defenceless to someone in the dail leaking/slandering you.
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

3. Likes Sparky42, sofa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Leaks from everywhere are the norm now, we all knew the content of noreen o sullivans speech on the breath tests debacle, a day before she gave it. i was just wondering where all the leaks are coming from myself though.
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

bosun
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    Officers aren't discharged they retire or relinquish their commission

Enlisted are discharged as a result of testing positive.... (Or something along those lines)
    but I assume a detail of why will follow them ...

Post Thanks / Like
    It is nothing to do with him being an officer or not, or whether or not he is guilty of anything or not. My whole problem with this is the serious failure of procedures that has now exposed the organisation to a charge of a data protection breach. It may even lead to the person in question being able to avoid any punishment due to incorrect procedures being followed.

What we have here is a case of heresay. If his declaration was given to the CRDT team then they should definitely not be discussing it, they are not even supposed to discuss it with the person's CO. The only information they are supposed to supply is that the test is clear or unclear. If this information got out because someone overheard the officer make a declaration then the CRDT team needs to revise how it conducts its tests to ensure this does not happen. Also if this is the case how do we know for certain that the person in question did not say Codiene instead of Cocaine and that there is a valid medical reason for this? There is a reason why the CRDT process is set up the way it is and that is to ensure that the end result is beyond reproach and unchallengeable.

The person who has leaked this information to the press may think they doing a good thing by highlighting drug use but in this case they have exposed the DF organisation to potential fines and may have messed up the chance of a successful prosecution of this.

7. Likes northie, Flamingo liked this post
    C/S
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was told by one who was there that the CRDT team stuck rigidly to procedure and that any leak about this is from within, ie, Donners blabbed.

9. Likes na grohmití liked this post
    Major General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has official secrets any relevance ?

C/S
    Post Thanks / Like
    you can be sure that there's an element of anti-officer vindictiveness involved. people who are held to higher standards are expected to be clean; usual mil hypocrisy.

Major General
    Post Thanks / Like

13. Thanks DeV, Flamingo thanked for this post

Thread Information