Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot "retiring" after admitting cocaine use

Defence Forces pilot to ‘retire’ after failing drugs test
    It is understood the newly qualified pilot admitted taking cocaine the weekend before random test

I applied for the Air Corp maybe 6 or 7 times when I was eligible. It's kinda gutting to see somebody who got there just throw it all away after only a short while.

Awful waste of career and the thrown away training costs (if facts borne out)

Comment

Will he not have to refund the costs of training? I thought pilots had to serve a certain number of years post commissioning to pay back the costs.

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
        Awful waste of career and the thrown away training costs (if facts borne out)
        I'm surprised he's being allowed to "resign" rather than being dishonourable discharged if he failed a drugs test. As you say what a waste of a career and the investment...

Comment

What a waste. Surely he /she will have to pay back all of the tuition costs. Hard to read given long term dream of serving as a permanent member of the defence forces. Appitude tests and evaluations etc are not all that there are made out to be.

Comment

stupid bastard has also ****ed up his potential civvy career and denied a prized slot to to someone who'd really value it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky42 View Post
              I'm surprised he's being allowed to "resign" rather than being dishonourable discharged if he failed a drugs test. As you say what a waste of a career and the investment...
              Officers aren't discharged they retire or relinquish their commission

Enlisted are discharged as a result of testing positive.... (Or something along those lines)

Comment

Gentleman smackhead so to speak.

Comment

You'd have to do a lot of Colombian marching powder over the weekend to fail the test! He should have went with the "spiked pizza" defence
                  Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                    You'd have to do a lot of Colombian marching powder over the weekend to fail the test! He should have went with the "spiked pizza" defence
                    Did that one work.?

Comment

Originally posted by sofa View Post
                      Did that one work.?
                      Depends who you ask
                      To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Didn't the pizza case result in Targeted Drug Testing being introduced?

Comment

Stupid f**k shouldnt bounce until hes clear of the gate!
                          "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                          "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Does nobody have an issue that the results of what is supposed to be a confidential process was leaked to the press so soon after the event?

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                              Does nobody have an issue that the results of what is supposed to be a confidential process was leaked to the press so soon after the event?
                              I wonder if he hadn't admitted it and it was still going through testing would it have leaked? But once he owned up I'm not surprised tbh.

Comment

Working...
                              X