No announcement yet.

Pilot "retiring" after admitting cocaine use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything, including his declaration, is confidential. This is not a good thing.

Comment

Let's just say, that there's confidential and there's Army confidential.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
        Let's just say, that there's confidential and there's Army confidential.
        Still wrong on so many levels

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
          Blue Iron railings won't prevent leaks.
          For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

I find it hard to have sympathy for him to be honest, given the potential for things to go wrong. I mean a commercial pilot turns up drunk off their ass to fly a plane, it's going to hit the headlines, why is this any different?

Comment

Its not him I'm worried about, it is the impact on the rest of us. What is stopping someone deciding to leak your confidential files to others?

Comment

Everything, including his declaration, is confidential. This is not a good thing.
                Smackhead is a smackhead, if he was a scoby from Togher nobody would care about his right to confidentiality.
                He is in a nutshell to dumb to fly planes

Comment

he might get job in colombia flying planes

Comment

No harm at all showing the DF, their friends, their families, their associates, society, the taxpayer and the current & future applicants that the system works

Comment

Pity the Investment bankers don't have occasional Cocaine tests.....It's apparently their drug of choice.

Comment

Originally posted by zone 1 View Post
                        he might get job in colombia flying planes
                        Yea , and the cargo my be a little lighter on arrival .
                        Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

Its not him I'm worried about, it is the impact on the rest of us. What is stopping someone deciding to leak your confidential files to others?
                          Nothing, Mary Lou's carry on the dail means you're only recourse in shite like this is bankupting yourself in the High court, but DOB lose his case so you're effectively defenceless to someone in the dail leaking/slandering you.
                          Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Leaks from everywhere are the norm now, we all knew the content of noreen o sullivans speech on the breath tests debacle, a day before she gave it. i was just wondering where all the leaks are coming from myself though.
                            "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                            "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                              Officers aren't discharged they retire or relinquish their commission

Enlisted are discharged as a result of testing positive.... (Or something along those lines)
                              but I assume a detail of why will follow them ...

Comment

It is nothing to do with him being an officer or not, or whether or not he is guilty of anything or not. My whole problem with this is the serious failure of procedures that has now exposed the organisation to a charge of a data protection breach. It may even lead to the person in question being able to avoid any punishment due to incorrect procedures being followed.

What we have here is a case of heresay. If his declaration was given to the CRDT team then they should definitely not be discussing it, they are not even supposed to discuss it with the person's CO. The only information they are supposed to supply is that the test is clear or unclear. If this information got out because someone overheard the officer make a declaration then the CRDT team needs to revise how it conducts its tests to ensure this does not happen. Also if this is the case how do we know for certain that the person in question did not say Codiene instead of Cocaine and that there is a valid medical reason for this? There is a reason why the CRDT process is set up the way it is and that is to ensure that the end result is beyond reproach and unchallengeable.

The person who has leaked this information to the press may think they doing a good thing by highlighting drug use but in this case they have exposed the DF organisation to potential fines and may have messed up the chance of a successful prosecution of this.

Comment

Working...
                                X