Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Peoples Navy

  1. #1
    Major General
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,043
    Post Thanks / Like

    Peoples Navy

    With the ongoing growth of the Chinese Navy US units will be soon all concentrated in the East/Pacific leaving the Med to the RN to patrol & police.

    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-39715228

  2. #2
    Private 3*
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    With the ongoing growth of the Chinese Navy US units will be soon all concentrated in the East/Pacific leaving the Med to the RN to patrol & police.

    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-39715228
    There are a few sizable European/non-European navies in the Med beside the RN...France/Spain/Italy/Turkey, North Africa has the rapidly expanding Algeria, Morocco, Egyptian navies who might not be so willing in the future to outsource their Med security to NATO..

  3. #3
    Moderator DeV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    East
    Posts
    19,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well with Trump deploying carriers to "near Korea"...... in the Indian Ocean .....

  4. #4
    Lieutenant X-RayOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    dublin
    Posts
    1,267
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fake Navy News!!
    The people of England have been led in Mesopotamia into a trap from which it will be hard to escape with dignity and honour. They have been tricked into it by a steady withholding of information. The Baghdad communiqués are belated, insincere, incomplete.....It is a disgrace to our imperial record, and may soon be too inflamed for any ordinary cure.We are to-day not far from a disaster.

    T.E. Lawrence, 2 Aug 1920.

  5. #5
    Captain Truck Driver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Here And There...
    Posts
    10,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bizarrely enough, the official title of China's navy is the Peoples Liberation Army Navy (PLAN). Am presuming the Chinese got their act together since they got the aircraft carrier from the Russians (EDIT: The Ukrainians). Were itially struggling badly with carrier aircraft ops
    Last edited by Truck Driver; 27th April 2017 at 19:10.
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

  6. Likes The real Jack liked this post
  7. #6
    Moderator DeV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    East
    Posts
    19,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being Communist everything in China is "the People's"

    Peoples Republic of China

  8. Dislikes The real Jack disliked this post
  9. #7
    Major General
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
    There are a few sizable European/non-European navies in the Med beside the RN...France/Spain/Italy/Turkey, North Africa has the rapidly expanding Algeria, Morocco, Egyptian navies who might not be so willing in the future to outsource their Med security to NATO..
    Which of them might be most likely to do proxy work for the US?

  10. #8
    Non Temetis Messor The real Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,190
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    Being Communist everything in China is "the People's"

    Peoples Republic of China
    Truck drivers comment was referring to the navy's title of people's liberation ARMY navy!
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

  11. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Likes Truck Driver liked this post
  12. #9
    Private 3*
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    Which of them might be most likely to do proxy work for the US?
    If that's the case, there is little the RN can do...cut to the bone comes to mind. Sending a single Type-45 etc in a show the flag won't cut it there any more, and they don't have much else surface fleet wise to send in meaningful numbers.

  13. Likes DeV liked this post
  14. #10
    Captain Truck Driver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Here And There...
    Posts
    10,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    Being Communist everything in China is "the People's"

    Peoples Republic of China
    China don't have the monopoly on this...
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

  15. #11
    Major General
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
    If that's the case, there is little the RN can do...cut to the bone comes to mind. Sending a single Type-45 etc in a show the flag won't cut it there any more, and they don't have much else surface fleet wise to send in meaningful numbers.
    I was thinking more in terms of the new RN carriers being rotated about the Levant etc.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •