Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  36
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Major General
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the current upshot;

http://clareherald.com/2017/04/two-d...-breach-71724/

I think one of them does letters regularly in the press re the DF etc. Leaving the rights and wrongs of what happened to one side as the as the matter is before the courts I reckon indulging in a blame game is missing the point entirely as the alleged incursionists carried off their "mission" successfully and the defences were found wanting and seemed to be easily penetrated. I hope nobody tries to make a virtue of the subsequent detention of the alleged intruders to gloss over the collective security failure.

2. Likes Jetjock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    And there will no doubt be a diplomatic note

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny how none of the protesters want to damage/search the sizeable number of Russian aircraft that pass through...
    'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
    'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
    Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
    He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
    http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

5. Likes na grohmití, apod, Truck Driver liked this post
    Major General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    This is the current upshot;

http://clareherald.com/2017/04/two-d...-breach-71724/

I think one of them does letters regularly in the press re the DF etc. Leaving the rights and wrongs of what happened to one side as the as the matter is before the courts I reckon indulging in a blame game is missing the point entirely as the alleged incursionists carried off their "mission" successfully and the defences were found wanting and seemed to be easily penetrated. I hope nobody tries to make a virtue of the subsequent detention of the alleged intruders to gloss over the collective security failure.
    His own military career was surprisingly controversial, and makes his current behaviour all the more hypocritical. He handed back his medals. Not so sure if he handed back his pension. 1st Armoured Cav remain ashamed to have had him as a CO.
    Well, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that Neil will be taking over both branches, and some of you will lose your jobs. Those of you who are kept on will have to relocate to Swindon, if you wanna stay. I know, gutting. On a more positive note, the good news is, I've been promoted, so... every cloud. You're still thinking about the bad news aren't you?

7. Likes DeV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    Grabbing a 71 yo cant have been a big gig.
    He wasn't the one who tried it on.His buddy on the other hand.....(After two verbal warnings.Now he knows the DF are NOT the Gardai)
    "Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".
    -- Field Marshall Earl Wavell.1948

9. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Likes Rhodes, na grohmití, Truck Driver liked this post

Thread Information