Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scale of Issue of Clothing and soft ordnance to reserve within single force concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
    You could always go back and request more.
    True I should have added that it's 1x per visit, they said it was a DF wide restriction at the time, I visited the buckshee store for some stuff to trash on the grand all I needed really was magnums and no1s.
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

The scale of issue is hugely misunderstood.

If it isn't on your scale of issue then you shouldn't receive it (but you may sometimes be given it)

If it is on your scale of issue you are entitled to requisition it (it doesn't mean your entitled to be issued it).

Here's some example (made up to illustrate point)
      - tshirt with nominal life of 1 year - doesn't mean you get a tshirt(s) every year - if it is over 1 year old you aren't charged for a replacement

- 3 tshirts initial issue - you can requisition 3 tshirts - you may not get any or you could get 10

-

Comment

Not quite Dev. Yes about the notional life. However the initial issue is what you are supposed to receive as it is the scale of issue designed to meet the operational needs. Yes the required items may not be in store, in which case you can requisition them when they do get in store.

Comment

Initial issue is what a Recruit receives.Or if a new item goes on issue and it is your first time getting it.
          Recruits should always be given the full entitlement where possible.
          If an item is demanded and not issued technically the demand is still "live" until the backordered item is issued.That's what is supposed to happen.In practice units tend to make life easy on the stores and hard on themselves by going throught the whole process again or worse by not bothering at all and leaving the soldier in the lurch.
          If the scale of issue for a particular item says you are entitled to two (long sleeve t-shirts for example) than that the max you can hold at any one time.You then look for a replacement as fair wear and tear.if you are a good soldier and you look after your t-shirts then you can build up a stock of them as underclothes dont' have to returned to stores on replacement,only produced for kit inspection on demand.Which,lets face it,rarely happens.
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
            Initial issue is what a Recruit receives.Or if a new item goes on issue and it is your first time getting it.
            If an item is demanded and not issued technically the demand is still "live" until the backordered item is issued.That's what is supposed to happen.In practice units tend to make life easy on the stores and hard on themselves by going throught the whole process again or worse by not bothering at all and leaving the soldier in the lurch.
            If the scale of issue for a particular item says you are entitled to two (long sleeve t-shirts for example) than that the max you can hold at any one time.You then look for a replacement as fair wear and tear.if you are a good soldier and you look after your t-shirts then you can build up a stock of them as underclothes dont' have to returned to stores on replacement,only produced for kit inspection on demand.Which,lets face it,rarely happens.
            Except currently there is no way of tracking the back orders

Comment

I have wondered for the past few years if it would be easier and cheaper to have Amazon mail you your replacements as per notional life, with a FWT tracking system such as

: trousers get ripped on an ex , soldier takes pic, clicks on "send replacement demand" on mobile phone app , OC approves on his app, Amazon sends replacement trousers

serial offenders can be easily tracked

just think of the awesome amount of wasted hours saved for soldiers, orderly room, CQ, stores, officers
              Last edited by trellheim; 24 May 2017, 11:40.
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Tis done
                Bohs till I die

Comment

irish defence forces new issue DPM smock | Collectables, Militaria, Current Militaria (1991-Now) | eBay!

People cant get issued with clothing.....but yet they can be put up on ebay!!!!!!!
                  Lock and load

Comment

Originally posted by EL_CAPATIANO View Post
                    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/irish-defence...k/252962143508

People cant get issued with clothing.....but yet they can be put up on ebay!!!!!!!
                    If anyone pays 100 notes for that, they're a bigger eejit...
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Who wears a small anyway?
                      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by Reseracher View Post
                        I am formerly the PDFadministration and training Sgt. with 2 reserve companies .
                        At present I am completing a dissertation as part of BA in Logistics through Carlow IT, the title of this dissertation:
                        Is the current scale of Clothing & kit adequate for the reserve to be effective with in the Single force concept?

As part of my research I am conducting a survey regarding the above mentioned to establish attitudes of personnel of all ranks with in the Reserve. To take part in this survey please click on the link below.

Create and publish online surveys in minutes, and view results graphically and in real time. SurveyMonkey provides free online questionnaire and survey software.

All information gathered is for statistical purposes only. Data collected will be retained for a period of 12 months.

I thank you all for taking the time to complete this survey
                        Hi Reseracher

Just a couple of clarifications that may help you in ensuring the accuracy of your dissertation. It may seem pedantic but academics insist on accuracy.

RDF stands for Reserve Defence Force (not forces) PDF stands for Permanent Defence Force. Most people believe that the Defence Forces are the Army, Naval Service and Air Corps. This is not the case. The Defence Act defines the Defence Forces as consisting of the PDF and the RDF.

Also the RDF consists of the Army Reserve and the Naval Service Reserve. The FCA didn't become the RDF, it became the AR. Is your survey investigating the AR or the RDF?

Comment

you would have to do a dissertation into the mentality of storemen first.....I can't issue you it to you cos Id have none left then.....you're not entitled to it. yes, I am. No , yer not. ( I return later with Officer who signed req. and am instantly issued more than I asked for)......everyone who ever served has their favourite storman story...

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                            you would have to do a dissertation into the mentality of storemen first.....I can't issue you it to you cos Id have none left then.....you're not entitled to it. yes, I am. No , yer not. ( I return later with Officer who signed req. and am instantly issued more than I asked for)......everyone who ever served has their favourite storman story...
                            Civvy storeman who ran our stores was the biggest prick going. A former matelot who for some reason ran the store as a means of storing kit rather than issuing. I'll never forget the ****er refusing to issue me boots when I literally had none to wear, despite having ****ed pairs to hand back in - same for webbing, trousers, water bottles, helments. Knowing what I know now, I'm surprised no-one blew the whistle at the time. I ****ing would have.

Comment

Originally posted by barrybadrinah View Post
                              Civvy storeman who ran our stores was the biggest prick going. A former matelot who for some reason ran the store as a means of storing kit rather than issuing. I'll never forget the ****er refusing to issue me boots when I literally had none to wear, despite having ****ed pairs to hand back in - same for webbing, trousers, water bottles, helments. Knowing what I know now, I'm surprised no-one blew the whistle at the time. I ****ing would have.
                              That's why it isn't called issues

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                                Hopefully the Electronic 245B will sort out a lot of the problems (if done correctly).

At the minute, say the last 2 medium DPM S/S driflos are issued and the normal stockholding is 10. But 30 people have come in looking for 2 each. There is no way to track that the actual requirement is 60+, therefore the barracks stores only orders their normal 10 from the DFTC stores in their monthly order.

The result from the current situation is excessive stock in the DFTC (central stores not the DFTC barracks stores as they are different locations) but insufficient stock at the locations where the kit is required.
                                Last edited by DeV; 29 May 2017, 13:05.

Comment

Working...
                                X