Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scale of Issue of Clothing and soft ordnance to reserve within single force concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scale of Issue of Clothing and soft ordnance to reserve within single force concept

I am formerly the PDFadministration and training Sgt. with 2 reserve companies .
    At present I am completing a dissertation as part of BA in Logistics through Carlow IT, the title of this dissertation:
    Is the current scale of Clothing & kit adequate for the reserve to be effective with in the Single force concept?

As part of my research I am conducting a survey regarding the above mentioned to establish attitudes of personnel of all ranks with in the Reserve. To take part in this survey please click on the link below.

Create and publish online surveys in minutes, and view results graphically and in real time. SurveyMonkey provides free online questionnaire and survey software.

All information gathered is for statistical purposes only. Data collected will be retained for a period of 12 months.

I thank you all for taking the time to complete this survey
    Last edited by Reseracher; 16 May 2017, 18:22.

Welcome to IMO

Can you tell us about your research (why?, DF approved?, college? Etc) PM if necessary

IMHO:
    The kit is generally good quality and fit for purpose (although there is issues with designs).

The scale of issue needs to be revised as somethings don't make sense (eg you can be issued with some parts of SD1 as a recruit but don't get the whole thing till after 18 months service).

The requirements/scale of issue for cold & wet weather gear are wrong.

The layering principle needs to be stuck to.

All in all the scale of issue isn't too bad, the major issue is getting the kit from stores

Comment

DFR L3 deals with kit issue. If you can access this, you can check issue. Otherwise you don't have a need to know, I'm afraid
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

MOD: If you PM me why you need to know this and can satisfy me and the other MODs as to your bona fides I will reopen this thread.Until then thread closed.

MOD Update: Thread reopened after discussions with OP. Fire away.
        Last edited by apod; 12 May 2017, 21:05.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

OK Apod. I got a PM from Researcher but was wary of how to answer, but if you are happy with his/her bona fides, then that's fair enough
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

I was formerly the PDF administration and training Sgt. with two Reserve Coys
            At present I am completing a dissertation as part of BA in Logistics through Carlow IT, the title of this dissertation:
            Is the current scale of Clothing & kit adequate for the reserve to be effective with in the Single force concept?

As part of my research I am conducting a survey regarding the above mentioned to establish attitudes of personnel of all ranks with in the Reserve. To take part in this survey please click on the link below.

Create and publish online surveys in minutes, and view results graphically and in real time. SurveyMonkey provides free online questionnaire and survey software.

All information gathered is for statistical purposes only. Data collected will be retained for a period of 12 months.

I thank you all for taking the time to complete this survey.

Comment

Originally posted by Reseracher View Post
              I was formerly the PDF administration and training Sgt. with two Reserve Coys

I thank you all for taking the time to complete this survey.
              Done

Comment

done.... not entirely sure of your concept there .... its a good one for discussion though. I'd disagree with METTS being a deciding factor in clothing issue as fattyboy might be your hardcore regular attender with a mod 3 license who'll drive the truck without fail every single time rain or shine
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Done

I also disagree on medical & fitness for clothing

From experience its next to impossible for me to meet the criteria through no fault of mine (just the cluster that is the DF)

Comment

done
                    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

One obvious one - one issue of a T shirt per year? Initial issue of two would be better. Got one short sleeve and one long sleeve. Long sleeve does not get used as much, but having to hand back the T shirt to get a replacement issue is a bit much

Comment

One issue per year?That's not right. Someone is telling you porkies.
                        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Done. is initial issue of the dry flows not 2x Long and 2x Short sleeve? That's what I got when they came out

Comment

Nah the stores folks invented some policy that they only give one of each, got a complete new issue a few years back to make up for 8 or 9 years of nothing. Even though I was due 2x pants/shirt/dryflo they only gave me one. This was in bde stores not the cqs buckshee store.
                            Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

You could always go back and request more.

Comment

Working...
                              X