Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOD's PFI on the C Fleet

Came across this on the MOD's PFI scheme for their C (plant) fleet

I have covered the Army’s C Vehicles in a number of posts over the years so this is a collation and refresh of those numerous posts. So what is a C Vehicle? When we look at vehicles the Army catego…

Interesting concept IMHO

The BA also has "white fleet" 4x4s ford rangers/land rovers that are leased I think for home use only.
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

My turn to ask: what is a PFI?

Comment

Private Finance Initiative
        Last edited by Orion; 4 May 2017, 21:32.

Comment

Having been involved in the setting up and transfer to a new hospital that was funded by PFI (or Profiting From Illness, as we ended up calling it), I hope (but doubt) that the MOD have dotted the i's and crossed the t's on every aspect of the contract.

As an example, we wanted to add six-monthly servicing of five blood storage fridges onto the contract in that hospital (done by in-house maintainence staff who already serviced all the other blood fridges) - it turned out cheaper to pay the company that made the fridges to drive 300 miles each way to service them!
          'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
          'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
          Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
          He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
          http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Its the worst kind of out sourcing imo the contracts are for such long periods and often assets are transferred

Comment

For the looks of what I've seen it sounds ok

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                For the looks of what I've seen it sounds ok
                That may well turn out to be the case and good if it does.

But in my experience you can have anything you want but if its not covered by the contract prepare to forfeit an arm and/or a leg.

Comment

involving a profit making entity in the public's business is a fallacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Graylion View Post
                    involving a profit making entity in the public's business is a fallacy.
                    Sound words indeed

There's a section of every workforce that's referred to as public servants. They're are not all tea making job and knocks. The majority believe in what they do and their contribution to society. All generally for less than average pay ....

Thank you I'm here all week

Stepping off the soapbox now ....

Comment

Originally posted by Orion View Post
                      That may well turn out to be the case and good if it does.

But in my experience you can have anything you want but if its not covered by the contract prepare to forfeit an arm and/or a leg.
                      Pretty much same as any other business then?
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                        Pretty much same as any other business then?
                        Yep but with outsourced services scope creep costs big time

You are more likely to get 'added value' at no extra cost in public service

Comment

Working...
                        X