Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
    Same, but the ship doesnt stop.
    Would you launch on the business side of the RAS if the ready boat is so deployed?

Comment

I am at a loss as to the purpose of your question. I'm not working in an organisation who is currently involved in RAS. I suggest you ask someone who is. I'm sure they'll be happy to entertain you with their SOPs.
      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

The boats are still unique in the fleet though, compared to what's used on the other ship types. Did they get diesel outboards or are they still using petrol?
        Peacocks using 5.4m New Avon Sea Riders

P50s using Twin Petrol 4 stroke Deltas

P60s using inboard diesel MSTs

P31 is using Delta inboard diesels

Comment

Originally posted by A/TEL View Post
          Those seariders are well gone.......

New type are grey hulled with modern electronic systems.

Bought circa 2009 to replace orange hulled boats on Peacocks & Emer class.
          100% correct, which is the Triggers broom reference.

Comment

I am at a loss as to the purpose of your question. I'm not working in an organisation who is currently involved in RAS. I suggest you ask someone who is. I'm sure they'll be happy to entertain you with their SOPs.
            Fair dues to you for being big enough to admit the lack of your info on this subject. I posed the question as it would appear risky to launch off the business side during a RAS lest the ships close to or bear away enexpectedly.

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
              Fair dues to you for being big enough to admit the lack of your info on this subject. I posed the question as it would appear risky to launch off the business side during a RAS lest the ships close to or bear away enexpectedly.

In a real world RAS situation, (with large Navies US, RN etc) there is a guardship astern of the two vessels involved in the RAS. That ships role is to rescue a MOB if required. Not always available if its a solo ship tasking, but if working in a task group with more than 2 ships, it is utilised.

Comment

Working...
              X