Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Austrailian ACV contenders size compared to an M1A1.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austrailian ACV contenders size compared to an M1A1.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1496894051304.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	699698

I knew they were big, but not that big!

Boxer CRV, Patria AMV35, Abrams M1A1, ASLAV
    Last edited by apc; 9 June 2017, 16:29.

Pic reminds me of someone asking here how you recce with a Mowag - you just find a ten foot hedge to hide behind!
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Haha - I remember someone here saying the boxer isn't much bigger than a mowag!

Comment

Originally posted by TangoSierra View Post
        Haha - I remember someone here saying the boxer isn't much bigger than a mowag!
        Suppose that depends on which version of the Mowag we are talking about, a quick look suggests there's not much between the Mowag V and the Boxer (2.34m to 2.37m) compared to the sub 2m height of the Mowag 3.

Comment

I'd be more concerned about someone used to dismounting as crew of an ASLAV forgets that they are now dismounting a Boxer.
          Watch that first step...
          For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Like back in the old days of Bedford vs. Man diesel....I made the mistake of jumping down from the tailgate of a Man diesel as if it was a Bedford and I landed like a sack of spuds, painfully......it seems modern designers have forgotten the concept of small vehicles....

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
              Like back in the old days of Bedford vs. Man diesel....I made the mistake of jumping down from the tailgate of a Man diesel as if it was a Bedford and I landed like a sack of spuds, painfully......it seems modern designers have forgotten the concept of small vehicles....
              Don't think they've forgotten it, I would presume the added dimensions are related to keeping the troops inside in the best health.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                You made the mistake........I fell from the tailgate while climbing in.. while carrying a 46 set!
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                  You made the mistake........I fell from the tailgate while climbing in.. while carrying a 46 set!
                  While we're throwing shapes - I decided to jump from the cab of a Man diesel on exercise , kidney pouch on the 58 Pattern CFO catches on the seat handle leaving me suspended 6 feet off the deck. Driver then helpfully unhooks me without warning, whereupon I crash gracefully onto the concrete breaking my arm and reducing my previously film star looks to what my wife now refers to kindly as "rugged" !
                  Last edited by Shaqra; 12 June 2017, 11:50.
                  “The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards.”
                  ― Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                    A 46 set??

Comment

ANPRC 46 set as fitted in AML 60s and AML 90s.....

Long story!
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

AMV35 appears to be a very capable animal.

I haven't been able to find out, do the Danes intend to dispose of their Piranha IIIs, or keep them after delivery of the Vs they have on order?

Would a number of IIICs with the CV90 turret be a suitable and acceptable replacement for the scorpions?

Comment

Originally posted by apc View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]8441[/ATTACH]

I knew they were big, but not that big!

Boxer CRV, Patria AMV35, Abrams M1A1, ASLAV
                          Huge beasts, the lot of them.

Comment

Piranha V , Nexter VBCI , Boxer MRAV side by side

[ATTACH]8443[/ATTACH ]
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	LAND_Piranha-V_VBCI_Boxer-MRAV_lg.jpg
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	698162 [ATTACH]8446[/ATTACH ]Click image for larger version

Name:	The-FRES-Trials-of-Truth-Lineup-Boxer-Piranha-VBCI.jpg
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	698164
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by apc; 15 June 2017, 21:52.

Comment

Double attachment fail apc
                              Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X