Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brazil Air Force KC-390

This beauty currently at Bal and appears to be doing circuits

PT-ZNJ. Embraer KC-390. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Baldonnel looking very exotic in that photo!

Comment

They have invested a lot in landscape gardening

Comment

Saw that going over the house yesterday evening on its approach to Bal, looked very impressive from underneath!

Comment

It's on a tour of potential European customers (Sweden, Portugal etc). Began after the Paris Air Show.

The fact that we have made the list of potential customers is new and very interesting information. Really is an aircraft that offers an actual capability with what looks like will be civilian maintenance profile/coats and availability rates.

Comment

And at 85m euro a piece - 2 of them will eclipse the cost of the entire ship replacement program so far

Capability wise it outstrips the casa 295 but I can just imagine the uncivil servants choking on their mocha-frappa-chinos over that price tag.

we could almost have 6 casa for price of 2 of these
            Last edited by morpheus; 23 June 2017, 17:48.
            "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
            "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

I think a few casas and joining the Nato SALIS scheme at whatever the minimum hours option would be a more sensible and achievable aim! Being able to schedule a few C17 sorties would be pretty useful.
              Last edited by The real Jack; 23 June 2017, 18:06.
              Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                And at 85m euro a piece - 2 of them will eclipse the cost of the entire ship replacement program so far

Capability wise it outstrips the casa 295 but I can just imagine the uncivil servants choking on their mocha-frappa-chinos over that price tag.

Probably more expensive to run as well?!

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                  I think a few casas and joining the Nato SALIS scheme at whatever the minimum hours option would be a more sensible and achievable aim! Being able to schedule a few C17 sorties would be pretty useful.
                  Or EU EATC

Comment

cant see the AC getting 2..

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                      Or EU EATC
                      Ah yeah much better, wasn't aware of that, it's bizzare that Luxembourg has a A400M on order!
                      Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                        Ah yeah much better, wasn't aware of that, it's bizzare that Luxembourg has a A400M on order!
                        If I remember correctly they paid for an E3 as well.

As a tiny country that recognise that they can't provide their own all arms defence force and are ultimately reliant on their neighbours for their defence - so they contribute to the overall defence picture.

*looks at feet*

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post

€85m - the current wikipedia estimate.

Various other sources range all the way down to €28m, though highly unlikely. Most probably in the €50m range.

Portugal are currently in negotiations for 5. Watch this space for a true reflection of price. If Portugal can afford 5, we can damn well afford 2. And yes, I'd sooner have two aircraft that can move a Mowag each than 6 that can not even fit a Pajero.

Comment

Great to see the KC 390 over here; as mentioned above, hopefully the fact that it arrived over here means that Embraer had an inklng that something might happen at some stage. I think if an order for such an aircraft was in the offing soon, leaks about it would have been made long ago. Provided one (two?) C295's appear as a transport (convertible to MARPAT role as/when required), we will gain great organic exposure to what a national air transport capability can give. Developing and selling this concept to the powers that be, might then see the KC390 in service with an IAC roundel. There is definitely scope for an aircraft like this, in both support of Irish ground and naval forces, but also in a stand-alone Air Corps transport role e.g. military transport ops, Non-combatant evac and humanitarian aid / disaster relief.

And damn... I missed seeing it circuit bashing at Bal...

Comment

Going on what Embraer has been touting to the NZDF €76m or NZ$116m. That does not include spares, manuals, training and support so add a further 40% as cost of acquisition is the key factor and not the main defence article.

Comment

Working...
                              X