UH60 multiyear order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anzac View Post
    What the US military pays can never be extrapolated to FMS acquisitions to foreign countries.

The most recent FMS sales of the UH-60M have averaged around USD$37m per MDE. An FMS buyer - will only be approved the package under the Arms Export Control Act if they meet certain criteria. One of the key criteria a foreign nation buyer has to prove to the following three US Govt entities - State, Pentagon & Congress is the ability to operate and sustain the platform. Depending on the estimated length of contract this can be between 40-60% of the basic 'flyaway' price of the MDE.

http://www.dsca.mil/major-arms-sales...wk-helicopters
    All military exports under FMS normally are a package with armaments, spares and support included. This is why the unit cost is then higher. It is why the price per customer varies so much as the amount of aftersales support will be different over 5,10 or more years. If you read the details on the supply you can see how much extra is included. Also as a FMS there is also a "project Management" charge so that the DoD gets paid to manage everything.

Comment

Originally posted by EUFighter View Post
      All military exports under FMS normally are a package with armaments, spares and support included. This is why the unit cost is then higher. It is why the price per customer varies so much as the amount of aftersales support will be different over 5,10 or more years. If you read the details on the supply you can see how much extra is included. Also as a FMS there is also a "project Management" charge so that the DoD gets paid to manage everything.
      Add to that the licensing charges over intellectual property. One of the other factors is paying for the future sequenced increments. For example increment 3 for both the JSF and P-8A downstream.

Comment

For that money I get a Caracal

Comment

Originally posted by Graylion View Post
          It is no different with the Europeans as whole of life costs are still going to gobble up mountains of cash.

Comment

We need multi-role aircraft capable of all assigned roles

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
              Show me a multi-role aircraft? There is no one aircraft that can do all the roles needed. Even the S70 family has many key members, UH60L/M/V, SH60B, MH60R, MH60S, HH60G, HH60M, HH60J.................... Attempt to squeeze too many roles into a single aircraft and all that happens is the costs go up while the amount of roles it can do well goes down. One size does not fit all, no matter how often the consultants tell us that. Define all the roles and buy the proper mix to get the job done.

Comment

UH60M, $21m
                H225M, $32m

Price is for aircraft alone, no spares, armaments, training, support etc.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                  Thats the problem today - we dont (some exceptions in a utility role for helis), we need the budget that allows us to buy the right platforms for the right role.
                  The attitude of 1 size fits all for cheaper, is whats dogged the defence forces since the 1970s and will continue to do so for as long as civil servants and the general public think like this.
                  Last edited by morpheus; 6 July 2017, 10:05.
                  "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                  "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by EUFighter View Post
                    UH60M, $21m
                    H225M, $32m

Price is for aircraft alone, no spares, armaments, training, support etc.
                    Source? According to Wikipedia they are with in 2M$ of each other. Also I'd rather buy European.

Comment

Source? According to Wikipedia they are with in 2M$ of each other. Also I'd rather buy European.
                      I trust Wikipedia as far as I can throw it. The price given was from 2004 and not the current level.

For the UH60, the many reports linked to the later multi-year purchase and the many DoD Budget Submissions.

For the H225M, the deal with Poland, Kuwait, singapore and the Assend Price database.
                      Last edited by EUFighter; 6 July 2017, 13:58.

Comment

@EUfighter,

That is a luxury bigger airforces (with bigger budgets) can afford.

Different models of the same aircraft mean smaller groups of pilots to fly them and techs to service them - meaning less availability

It also means more spares, less aircraft available in the larger pool.

Let's say by some fluke we decided to get a new utility helo in the morning, we need it to have troops seats (maybe an option for pax seats), air ambulance fit, CASEVAC fit, hoist, ability to repel, ability to carry underslung loads, FLIR and radar with appropriate modes. You'd also be looking for ability to fit skis, light/medium self protection armament, sand filters etc and ability to fit an DAS.

That isn't beyond the ability of most utility Helo to have in 1 model.

That would see all the fleet of this standard able to fulfill all current and all possible future roles.

Comment

Working...
                        X