No announcement yet.

Mid 80s Vehicle crew Uniform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My FCA unit, A Coy/23Bn shot against a Dublin unit in the All-Army that had issued OG in 1982. I know because we were astonished to see the entire unit of Dubs, about a full company, all in clean, fresh OGs. Naturally, we asked how they had got them and they laughed at us for even asking, until they saw us turn out in recycled M65 jackets and para trousers and realised that we were serious . Anyone who had OG in the South was either issued it as an NCO or Officer or "acquired" it. In my time in the Don, the standard jacket usually had at least one obvious FF stamp and one discrete one, usually inside a pocket or under a collar. During all of my time in the FCA and Don, there were the usual dire warnings about being caught with an OG outside, ie, that had fallen off the back of a lorry, but Irish combats appeared to be plentiful on building sites and farms and the running joke was that the QM's kids had a better selection of kit than we had.

Comment

the guy on the right appears to have taken the melted beret look a bit far...;-)

Comment

Reuploaded the images

So what are these then? and when were they introduced? The hooded jackets in particular, is the older lad in centre just wearing the new style jacket or is it different?

Comment

Reuploaded the photos here,

So what are these then, and from when were they used? Also the Gentex crew helmet did these have radio comms attached? dosent look like they have in the photos but probably unadded for training?

Comment

Working...
          X