DFTC Institute of Peace Support & Leadership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DFTC Institute of Peace Support & Leadership

The feasibility study has gone to tender.

Rumour mill has the whole of the East side handed over and knocked, doubt that they are going to do that with the €10m in capital funding that has been allocated to it!

They expect to get philanthropic/PPP/other sources of funding.

It isn't intended to run internally accredited degrees/diplomas but to focus on short top end training courses.

Strategically it will seek to develop leadership (consensus?) to address international security challenges and act as a platform to reflect on same.

Tactically it will run professional courses for PSOs.

In addition, it will seek to facilitate conflict resolution

That's gonnna be interesting. Will mean a major capital investment in relocating the existing units to the other side of the camp then?
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
      That's gonnna be interesting. Will mean a major capital investment in relocating the existing units to the other side of the camp then?
      The ballhop is that the east side will relocate to the west side and that the IPSL will be built there. Given a €10 million budget I don't think that is realistic (especially considering 1 block is currently being refurbished and the Tenders are in for another 2).

The other ballhop is a load of officer Accomodiation on the east side.

The other part of it is they will have to man it, UNTSI is a very small institution with a handful of staff.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
        The ballhop is that the east side will relocate to the west side and that the IPSL will be built there. Given a €10 million budget I don't think that is realistic (especially considering 1 block is currently being refurbished and the Tenders are in for another 2).

The other ballhop is a load of officer Accomodiation on the east side.

The other part of it is they will have to man it, UNTSI is a very small institution with a handful of staff.
        Are they looking to partner with any civilian academic institutions? I can imagine any number would love to Borg the DF UN expertise into their own faculties.

Comment

Originally posted by DaithiDub View Post
          Are they looking to partner with any civilian academic institutions? I can imagine any number would love to Borg the DF UN expertise into their own faculties.
          That's a key element not decide which one(s) yet.

The College is already involved with Maynooth and Carlow

Comment

Committing to more training?

Comment

The training on offer

Comment

Originally posted by DaithiDub View Post
                Sounds nice, but as the engagement wears on things can fall apart. Just ask any officer / eod-type who has passed through Shrivenham and their 'Academic Provider' issues

Comment

Originally posted by barrybadrinah View Post
                  Sounds nice, but as the engagement wears on things can fall apart. Just ask any officer / eod-type who has passed through Shrivenham and their 'Academic Provider' issues
                  Very close links with NUI Maynooth for JCSC, SCSC and other courses (and many others courses across all corps with Carlow IT)

Comment

Didn't realise Ireland had it's own JCSC, SCSC courses. I presumed the DF sent them abroad for it.

Comment

Didn't realise Ireland had it's own JCSC, SCSC courses. I presumed the DF sent them abroad for it.
                      Courses in operation a good number of years now
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

We have on occasion sent individuals to the UK and US in the past (possibly also France and Germany not 100%).

About the C&S Sch (who run the SCSC) - http://www.military.ie/education-hq/...-staff-school/
                        About the Inf Sch (OTW run the JCSC) - http://www.military.ie/education-hq/...fantry-school/

There are often international students on the SCSC and has included US and Germans.

The links with external educational providers:
                        The Military College is responsible for the provision of training and doctrine to the Leadership, management and combat units of the Defence Forces. Training includes career courses, Infantry support weapons, senior management courses and overseas training.

The Military College is responsible for the provision of training and doctrine to the Leadership, management and combat units of the Defence Forces. Training includes career courses, Infantry support weapons, senior management courses and overseas training.

Comment

Comment

Why don’t they apply for EU Defence Fund (or similar) money?

Less controversial than pooling & sharing kit and the neutrality argument

Comment

How things are done in UK

The new contract will provide agile and innovative teaching to military officers, public servants and security professionals from the UK and the UK’s international partners.

Comment

Working...
                              X