No announcement yet.

Lateral Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of countries send young officers to Sandhurst...including the US...

Sandhurst is seen as a good model

US Officers do exchanges there as Platoon Commanders too...there was a 7th Cav guy there when I went through...
    'History is a vast early warning system'. Norman Cousins

Comment

Originally posted by paul g View Post
      Then i'd be pleased to see a link then
      There was a 2 page article in An Cosantoir* about it circa late 2000 early 2001. I was involved with training a 2-3* Pln that winter and the Platoon commander was pictured in the article at that Officers Sandhurst Commissioning.2-3 Irish Officers went over for the occasion.

* I tried The back catalogue for a link. Most of the issues from that year are not available yet online.Sorry.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
        There was a 2 page article in An Cosantoir* about it circa late 2000 early 2001. I was involved with training a 2-3* Pln that winter and the Platoon commander was pictured in the article at that Officers Sandhurst Commissioning.2-3 Irish Officers went over for the occasion.

* I tried The back catalogue for a link. Most of the issues from that year are not available yet online.Sorry.

He joined a Welch regiment if I rightly remember.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post

I remember that photo.

Comment

Working...
          X