Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMSML Gleaner replacement

Is to be built in Cork

Smallest commissioned RN vessel an inshore survey launch is to be replaced by a Safehaven Marine 18m launch based on the Wildcat 60 design according to UK Defence journal.

Its part of a £48 million package to supply the Royal Navy with a new fleet of work boats.

I'd post a link but I'm on a tablet no access to a computer.

If the new survey launch is commissioned as a naval vessel it will be the first building of a vessel for the Royal Navy in Ireland since independence.
    'History is a vast early warning system'. Norman Cousins

No better bunch. They have been doing small survey craft for many years, mostly GRP twin hulled.
    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post
      Is to be built in Cork

Smallest commissioned RN vessel an inshore survey launch is to be replaced by a Safehaven Marine 18m launch based on the Wildcat 60 design according to UK Defence journal.

Its part of a £48 million package to supply the Royal Navy with a new fleet of work boats.

I'd post a link but I'm on a tablet no access to a computer.

If the new survey launch is commissioned as a naval vessel it will be the first building of a vessel for the Royal Navy in Ireland since independence.
      The replacement for HMSML Gleaner has been confirmed as one of the series of new workboats announced earlier this month in a £48 million contract.
      Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
        No better bunch. They have been doing small survey craft for many years, mostly GRP twin hulled.
        To my uneducated eye it looks like a larger more stable platform than the one its replacing. Interestingly HMSML Gleaner is the only commissioned Royal Navy vessel to visit Switzerland.

Who knows what adventures this new vessel will take its crew on...

Comment

someone decode HMSML for me...

Comment

Her Majesty's Survey Motor Launch

Get with the program Old Boy....

Comment

Working...
            X