Thread: Neville Furlong

Major General
    Post Thanks / Like

Neville Furlong

Furlong, Neville, Island View, Stradbally, Castleconnell, Co. Limerick and Wexford. September 26th 2017 peacefully at Milford Hospice. Beloved son of the late Ronan and loving brother of the late Rhonda. Sadly missed by his loving wife Trish, sons Ódran and Kyle, mother Collette, brothers Damien, Ronan and Kenan, sister Leah, extended family and a wide circle of friends.
    Rest in Peace
    Reposing at Milford Care Centre, Castletroy this Wednesday, 27th September, from 5 p.m. with removal at 8.30 p.m. to St. Joseph's Church, Castleconnell. Requiem Mass on Thursday, 28th September, at 11.30 a.m., burial afterwards in St. Joseph's Cemetery, Castleconnell. Family flowers only please, donations, if desired, to Milford Hospice.

Very sad to hear of this man's passing, far too early in his life. For those not familiar with him, just picture Action Man. Only real, and about 7 foot tall.
    It is unfortunate that many media reports of his passing neglect to mention his service as an Officer in the Defence Forces. I only omit his rank as I am unsure what he held when he retired. I only knew him as Captain.
    Last edited by na grohmití; 27th September 2017 at 02:22.

Lord Chief Bottlewasher trellheim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    RIP I never knew he was in the DF

Post Thanks / Like
    RIP
    Note I found this article:
    http://iarco.info/wp-content/uploads...no-12-2007.pdf
    on page 5 there is mention of a Comdt Neville Furlong as being one of their new members.
    Irish times refers only to him becoming a captain.

Post Thanks / Like
    RIP sir. From what I've seen on FB posts, he was very highly regarded

Post Thanks / Like
    I served with him.He retired as a Comdt.
    "Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".
    -- Field Marshall Earl Wavell.1948

Thread Information