Neville Furlong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neville Furlong

Furlong, Neville, Island View, Stradbally, Castleconnell, Co. Limerick and Wexford. September 26th 2017 peacefully at Milford Hospice. Beloved son of the late Ronan and loving brother of the late Rhonda. Sadly missed by his loving wife Trish, sons Ă“dran and Kyle, mother Collette, brothers Damien, Ronan and Kenan, sister Leah, extended family and a wide circle of friends.
    Rest in Peace
    Reposing at Milford Care Centre, Castletroy this Wednesday, 27th September, from 5 p.m. with removal at 8.30 p.m. to St. Joseph's Church, Castleconnell. Requiem Mass on Thursday, 28th September, at 11.30 a.m., burial afterwards in St. Joseph's Cemetery, Castleconnell. Family flowers only please, donations, if desired, to Milford Hospice.

Very sad to hear of this man's passing, far too early in his life. For those not familiar with him, just picture Action Man. Only real, and about 7 foot tall.
    It is unfortunate that many media reports of his passing neglect to mention his service as an Officer in the Defence Forces. I only omit his rank as I am unsure what he held when he retired. I only knew him as Captain.
    Last edited by na grohmiti; 27 September 2017, 03:22.
    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

RIP I never knew he was in the DF
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

RIP
      Note I found this article:

on page 5 there is mention of a Comdt Neville Furlong as being one of their new members.
      Irish times refers only to him becoming a captain.
      "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
      "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

RIP sir. From what I've seen on FB posts, he was very highly regarded
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

I served with him.He retired as a Comdt.
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Working...
          X