Defence Forces Values Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defence Forces Values Award

There is new award being quietly introduced, the Defence Forces Values Award. Don't know much else about it at this stage.

Attached Files

Living up to the DF values or something?

Comment

Exactly there is an online form where you can nominate someone whom you believe encapsulates any or all of the 7 DF values.
      This is going to be an annual award.
      Something like the Millies in the UK.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
        Exactly there is an online form where you can nominate someone whom you believe encapsulates any or all of the 7 DF values.
        This is going to be an annual award.
        Something like the Millies in the UK.
        Nice idea

Respect
        Loyalty
        Selflessness
        Physical Courage
        Moral Courage
        Integrity

Comment

Maybe they could give it to retiring chiefs of staff instead of devaluing the DSM?
          For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

how much does shite like this cost?? I'm sure some Pte who is dependent on Family Income Supplement will really be gripped by this...

Comment

It’s a really good idea the total cost is maybe a couple of thousand. It’s giving recognition and praise with big financial outlay (especially when the DF itself has no control over wages).

Hopefully there is a bit of a financial reward with it too (eg €100 all for one voucher, why you ask? Because at around €250 the taxman wants some)

Comment

All in one voucher up to 500 euro can be given tax free to employee.

Comment

Originally posted by sofa View Post
                  All in one voucher up to 500 euro can be given tax free to employee.
                  thanks it changed about 2 years ago used to be less

My employer does it

Comment

My thoughts for all they're worth...this is a good opportunity to promote positive role models and encourage pride in the business the Defence Forces are engaged in.
                    'History is a vast early warning system'. Norman Cousins

Comment

Load of bullshit. Stand by for complete tangents to unit training plans and an increase in local public relations engagements by young thrusters looking to get some more padding on their in-house CV.

Comment

I see where you're coming from Barry but done right this can be an opportunity to recognise excellence and develop leadership...outside of the current H&A system.

A little while back I had dealings with a US soldier...I was gobsmacked when I got a visit from his 1SG a few days later...he presented me with a 'coin'.

That coin means a lot to me because I know the story behind it...and it was nice of them to show their appreciation.
                        'History is a vast early warning system'. Norman Cousins

Comment

The DF (or maybe just elements of) has a friendship coin or something

Possibly privately arranged

Comment

The CoS gives out challenge coins to deserving individuals.
                            A colleague of mine was handed one by the Chief after he did the piping at a young soldiers funeral.It was a nice thank you for a job really well done.
                            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Working...
                            X