DF Pay Delays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF Pay Delays

In a statement it said that payrolls are prepared in advance by the department’s payroll provider and therefore there is a lead in time before recruits are placed on the payroll.

sigh

Since we're all moving to the new system
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Was there delays like this before shared services?

Are other State bodies seeing the same?

Comment

Nope

Payroll in the HSE is generated internally, pay roll details and requirements are submitted prior to new enlistments starting and people are paid 11 days in arrears,

So its bollocks! No excuse!
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

In the 1960s (50 years ago) the Command Cashier issued a supplementary cheque to be cashed by the Pay Officer to cover the pay of recruits who had been attested that week - right up to the day before! So that's progress for you.

Comment

Also worth noting that at certain times of the year payroll returns are request in advance to line management and people are paid on the system some weeks in advance with adjustment memos sent fortnightly to adjust for leave or shift changes.

If the HSE can pay 120,000 people on time as required why the hell can't the DF.

If a guy is overseas for 6 weeks... its not as if he is going to take a day off.... they know where he is and what he is doing, there is no need for a weekly return, it can be planned in advance.

Whoever is providing payroll services to the DF is a disgrace.
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
            Nope

Payroll in the HSE is generated internally, pay roll details and requirements are submitted prior to new enlistments starting and people are paid 11 days in arrears,

So its bollocks! No excuse!
            Also worth noting that at certain times of the year payroll returns are request in advance to line management and people are paid on the system some weeks in advance with adjustment memos sent fortnightly to adjust for leave or shift changes.

If the HSE can pay 120,000 people on time as required why the hell can't the DF.

If a guy is overseas for 6 weeks... its not as if he is going to take a day off.... they know where he is and what he is doing, there is no need for a weekly return, it can be planned in advance.

Whoever is providing payroll services to the DF is a disgrace.
            Well we all know the RDF pay is set up to fail with the admin required

PDF wise I’m wondering has it got worse since Renmore became a shared services centre

I had cause to speak to 2 civil servants in Renmore in part of accounts last year and both were extremely helpful

Comment

Most of us long haulers remember Cash-in-Hand from the pay officer. This system worked perfectly and to this day I cannot fathom one good reason for the change

(BTW I work as a very senior IT Architect and still can't see a good reason for the change )

Comment

Are the DF ready for 2019?
                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                  Most of us long haulers remember Cash-in-Hand from the pay officer. This system worked perfectly and to this day I cannot fathom one good reason for the change

(BTW I work as a very senior IT Architect and still can't see a good reason for the change )
                  From the PDF point of view

Cost......Security......Electronic transfer of funds reduced man hours required to process pay

From the RDF perspective, it was supposed to be streamlined along the PDF lines again to reduce administration.

The fact that a government department can not pay its employees on time is actually a national disgrace and heads should roll.

Comment

From the PDF point of view

Cost......Security......Electronic transfer of funds reduced man hours required to process pay

From the RDF perspective, it was supposed to be streamlined along the PDF lines again to reduce administration.

The fact that a government department can not pay its employees on time is actually a national disgrace and heads should roll.
                    And easier to prevent fraud, “breakages”, etc

+1

There’s a policy on prompt payment of accounts (ie invoices) but not wages
                    Last edited by DeV; 24 November 2017, 20:56.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmit� View Post
                      Are the DF ready for 2019?
                      ??

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                        ??
                        PAYE Modernisation. https://www.revenue.ie/en/employing-...ion/index.aspx
                        For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Lads can ye all STFU about something ye know nothing about.
                          "Heads should roll".listen to yourselves.You will want pitchforks and torches next.
                          Yes.The new system is ****ed up but it is mostly teething problems.
                          Here is the gen.
                          Payroll in the DF is still calculated internally at unit level.It is then sent to PSSC. Formally it was sent to Colaiste. There are four (AFAIK) PSSC centres around the country.Each one deals with certain Government Dept's.The DF migrated over to this as part of the LRA terms as the Gov wanted to reduce payroll staff.
                          The snag is when we moved over only some of the staff from Colaiste moved to PSSC. So since last April when the enlisted were first to move they have been playing catchup as the corporate knowledge isn't there with some of the other staff.
                          DF pay is very complex.This is down to the amount of different allowances and pension schemes.The officer corps are experiencing difficulties now as they only recently moved over.

The bugs are ironing themselves out and yes a system need to be put in place to cover new recruits.Proposals have been put forward but not signed off on yet.
                          When you are in the system and it is running properly it is great though. I get paid on a Wednesday.Before I would not see a payslip until the day before. Now I can log on from a thursday and see my next weeks payslip. Right now coming into the Christmas period I can see two weeks ahead.

Also to compare the DF to the HSE is like comparing apples and oranges.The HSE is a massive bureaucracy with layers of Admins( they don't need) to deal with matters like pay.We don't have that luxury and have to make do with what has been foisted upon us.
                          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Lads can ye all STFU about something ye know nothing about.
                            "Heads should roll".listen to yourselves.You will want pitchforks and torches next.
                            I'm sorry - there are several here who know a lot about it. Just like RDF Pay it should never ever have gotten to this stage. There are many problems but pay issues should be shouted from the rooftops

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                              I'm sorry - there are several here who know a lot about it. Just like RDF Pay it should never ever have gotten to this stage. There are many problems but pay issues should be shouted from the rooftops
                              Really? Who?
                              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Working...
                              X