Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  36
Dislikes Dislikes:  5
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DF Pay Delays

Post Thanks / Like
    DF pay is very complex.This is down to the amount of different allowances and pension schemes
    This is exactly why the PPARs system proposed about 15 years ago in the HSE failed, because allowances payable cause too many variations to be automatically calculated , hence the need for manual input.

Public sector pay has always been at the low end being bulked out with allowances but the removal of these as we saw caused major headaches and as a result generation of Public Service pay will always be heavily dependant on human input, as opposed to actual automated payrolls that are all inclusive and are mostly generated by the employees input through clocking or logging in !

The HSE still rely on a system called SRS an 1980s DOS based programme for entry of basis to calculate pay, elements of it have been re written to ease reports but its old but works.

No different to any other branch of the public service and pension scheme deductions are based on software calculations not hard weekly inputs. Again calculation of Public service pensions payments is difficult during the actual employment phase as actual retirement dates are open ended and require calculation based on fluid multipliers.

I'm not getting into to anymore pissing matches and never intended to in the first place, but given what I know about Public Service payroll and the common denominators in it across the various agencies I fail to understand why people cannot be paid on time.....and I stand over the fact it is shameful.
    Time for another break I think......

Lord Chief Bottlewasher trellheim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PDF and RDF are both paid off S3 regulations. No I don't work in a PDF orderly room but the title of this thread is DF Pay not PDF Pay. As for how close I am you would

No-one is slagging off DF here - everyone else is fair game. PSSC had an enormous chance to get this right and lets be honest for some of the lowest if not the lowest paid lads on the strength its a fking disaster .

All I can say is welcome to RDF pay land lads
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't speak for DF but Peoplepoint are nearly 4 months behind in processing - new entrants have priority and everyone else has to wait. Everything from increments to promotions are delayed. My promotion paperwork was delayed 14 weeks. PSSC resolved their side of it in a week and I got my pay back dated.
    So, from my point of view the bottleneck is in peoplepoint. In saying that, I am not sure the DF uses Peoplepoint.

4. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    @apod

Are PDF weekly pay submissions to DoD (not sure of the correct term), paper based (same as RDF) or is it some other system?

If they are I assume only DoD could change that as it would be under an AFC?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    Really? Who?
    And me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    @apod

Are PDF weekly pay submissions to DoD (not sure of the correct term), paper based (same as RDF) or is it some other system?

If they are I assume only DoD could change that as it would be under an AFC?
    They used to be part of the MIF(management information framework) system on the strategic applications part of IKON but they have migrated recently to a more direct interface with PSSC.
    Pay clerk calculates the payroll and updates system.Coy OC and other authorisers digitally sign off on it and then it is sent to PSSC. From what I can see the problems seem to stem from unfamiliarity with the intricacies of DF pay and cut off dates within PSSC and that is from the mouth of the payclerk who has worked in pay in my unit for donkeys years and deals with Colaiste and now PSSC on a daily basis.
    "Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".
    -- Field Marshall Earl Wavell.1948

8. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    From what I can see the problems seem to stem from unfamiliarity with the intricacies of DF pay and cut off dates within PSSC and that is from the mouth of the payclerk who has worked in pay in my unit for donkeys years and deals with Colaiste and now PSSC on a daily basis.
    Yes and this situation is across the board. What I am saying is that PSSC had fking ages to prepare and still managed to mess up , this is no fault of the DF

10. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Likes DeV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trellheim View Post
    Yes and this situation is across the board. What I am saying is that PSSC had fking ages to prepare and still managed to mess up , this is no fault of the DF
    Probably have laid themselves open to prosecution under the payment of wages act.

12. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Totally agree.What should have happened is the staff from Colaiste should have been redeployed to PSSC before the changeover.

Quote Originally Posted by hptmurphy View Post
    Probably have laid themselves open to prosecution under the payment of wages act.
    Probably.Watch this space.
    "Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".

14. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/The..._be_on_welfare

I remember a pay rise being promised. Has this not happened yet? It was announced ehre: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...odus-1.3243221

Post Thanks / Like
    We are being balloted at the moment as to acceptance or rejection of LRA2. If the vote goes through the following will apply.
    http://pdforra.ie/news/?p=1363

17. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    yikes! That is disgraceful and if my maths hold up is way short of what was mentioned in the Irish Times

19. Likes DeV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    We are being balloted at the moment as to acceptance or rejection of LRA2. If the vote goes through the following will apply.
    http://pdforra.ie/news/?p=1363
    Personally I wouldn't accepted and voted against what was on offer to us and then told the union to shove it their arse as well !

Pay increases of 1% per anum are scandalous , they took it off us en masse, I want it back the same way. Not only did they take it at source were were also subjected to a discriminitive form of taxation in the Pension Levy... you have access to a miniscule pension on completion of a million years service , so you get taxed extra, plus USC and Property tax.

the unions, representitive associations are so far up the governments arse its difficult to separate the two. During my time in the private sector I never had problems with employers , unions etc, we got a fair days pay for a fair days work.

Public sector are demonized and as a result are terrified to act appropriately.

If they thought Brexit was going to cause issues, if the Civil and Public service walked out en masse for one week, and I'd forgo the weeks wages to watch the cnuts weep, nurses doctors the whole shooting match and fcuk their oaths and ethics, the Gardai the army and don't offer contingency in emergencies.......they'd be begging us to take a full restoration and cover the taxes..... but the unions haven't the bottle to even suggest it.

To those in the private sector who think I'm nuts....wake up some morning and 25% of your weeks wages has vanished... and don't be incensed.. even 8 years later!
    Last edited by hptmurphy; 1st December 2017 at 11:42.

21. Likes morpheus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are the post 2013s getting equal pay?

Major General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I wouldn't accepted and voted against what was on offer to us and then told the union to shove it their arse as well !

Paul increases of 1% per anum are scandalous , they took it off us en masse, I want it back the same way. Not only did they take it at source were were also subjected to a discriminitive form of taxation in the Pension Levy... you have access to a miniscule pension on completion of a million years service , so you get taxed extra, plus USC and Property tax.

the unions, representitive associations are so far up the governments arse its difficult to separate the two. During my time in the private secotor I never had problems with employers , unions etc, we got a fair days pay for a fair days work.

Public sector are demonized and as a result are terrified to act appropriately.

If they thought Brexit was going to cause issues, if the Civil and Public service walked out en masse for one week, and I'd forgo the weeks wages to watch the cnuts weep, nurses doctors the whole shooting match and fcuk their oaths and ethics, the Gardai the army and don't offer contingency in emergencies.......they'd be begging us to take a full restoration and cover the taxes..... but the unions haven't the bottle to even suggest it.

To those in the private sector who think I'm nuts....wake up some morning and 25% of your weeks wages has vanished... and don't be incensed.. even 8 years later!
    Up to now, those at the coalface in the PS. I.e. those who do the majority of the face to face work, were represented by a number of rival unions. However now that the PSEU, CPSU and IMPACT have voted to merge, maybe finally the minions will be able to have the force of numbers to make their protests actually matter.
    German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
    German 2: Private? I am a general!
    German 1: That is the bad news.

24. Thanks hptmurphy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    Are the post 2013s getting equal pay?
    No.

The entry level pay was reduced by a further 2.5% on for new entrants after 2009 and this has yet to be re instated

26. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PSSC website wont open for logging in as department of defence soldier / reservist
    https://pay.pssc.gov.ie/pls/civild_l...lay_login_page

page not found error
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Post Thanks / Like
    fk sake call themselves IT

http://pssc.gov.ie/contact-us/

theres numbers and emails in that links

Post Thanks / Like
    fk sake call themselves IT

http://pssc.gov.ie/contact-us/

theres numbers and emails in that links
    'Department of Defence Soldiers'.........sounds a bit iffy..are we now paying the other shower who think they are Oglaigh na hEireann?

Post Thanks / Like
    'Department of Defence Soldiers'.........sounds a bit iffy..are we now paying the other shower who think they are Oglaigh na hEireann?
    You know what to do murph....

http://If you have any feedback on t... subject line.
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

C/S
    Post Thanks / Like
    it was always the same. The easiest targets are the newbies so it's easy to **** them over with incompetence and neglect because no-one gives a shit about newbies and they wouldn't dare shout back. I'll bet if the GoC's pay was a second late, he'd fire a rocket under someone's ass; ie, he'd ring the Minister personally and fill his ear in. I'll bet if any of the civil servants who ****ed this one up suffered the slightest hitch to their pay, they'd mobilise the Union and unfurl the strike placard. Wanchors.

32. Likes DeV, TangoSierra, sofa, Truck Driver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That website is now back up. No apology.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are reservists supposed to be getting electronic payslips now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep we transitioned recently. Some were told, some were not.

36. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep we transitioned recently. Some were told, some were not.
    Phone PSSC and tell them you're in the reserve and havent received an email from them with the code yet. They'll sort you out.

076 100 2703 Department of Defence Reservists Pay

38. Likes Truck Driver liked this post

Thread Information