Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeV View Post
    @apod

Are PDF weekly pay submissions to DoD (not sure of the correct term), paper based (same as RDF) or is it some other system?

If they are I assume only DoD could change that as it would be under an AFC?
    They used to be part of the MIF(management information framework) system on the strategic applications part of IKON but they have migrated recently to a more direct interface with PSSC.
    Pay clerk calculates the payroll and updates system.Coy OC and other authorisers digitally sign off on it and then it is sent to PSSC. From what I can see the problems seem to stem from unfamiliarity with the intricacies of DF pay and cut off dates within PSSC and that is from the mouth of the payclerk who has worked in pay in my unit for donkeys years and deals with Colaiste and now PSSC on a daily basis.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

From what I can see the problems seem to stem from unfamiliarity with the intricacies of DF pay and cut off dates within PSSC and that is from the mouth of the payclerk who has worked in pay in my unit for donkeys years and deals with Colaiste and now PSSC on a daily basis.
      Yes and this situation is across the board. What I am saying is that PSSC had fking ages to prepare and still managed to mess up , this is no fault of the DF
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
        Yes and this situation is across the board. What I am saying is that PSSC had fking ages to prepare and still managed to mess up , this is no fault of the DF
        Probably have laid themselves open to prosecution under the payment of wages act.
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Totally agree.What should have happened is the staff from Colaiste should have been redeployed to PSSC before the changeover.

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
          Probably have laid themselves open to prosecution under the payment of wages act.
          Probably.Watch this space.
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

I remember a pay rise being promised. Has this not happened yet? It was announced ehre: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...odus-1.3243221

Comment

We are being balloted at the moment as to acceptance or rejection of LRA2. If the vote goes through the following will apply.

Comment

yikes! That is disgraceful and if my maths hold up is way short of what was mentioned in the Irish Times

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                  We are being balloted at the moment as to acceptance or rejection of LRA2. If the vote goes through the following will apply.
                  http://pdforra.ie/news/?p=1363
                  Personally I wouldn't accepted and voted against what was on offer to us and then told the union to shove it their arse as well !

Pay increases of 1% per anum are scandalous , they took it off us en masse, I want it back the same way. Not only did they take it at source were were also subjected to a discriminitive form of taxation in the Pension Levy... you have access to a miniscule pension on completion of a million years service , so you get taxed extra, plus USC and Property tax.

the unions, representitive associations are so far up the governments arse its difficult to separate the two. During my time in the private sector I never had problems with employers , unions etc, we got a fair days pay for a fair days work.

Public sector are demonized and as a result are terrified to act appropriately.

If they thought Brexit was going to cause issues, if the Civil and Public service walked out en masse for one week, and I'd forgo the weeks wages to watch the cnuts weep, nurses doctors the whole shooting match and fcuk their oaths and ethics, the Gardai the army and don't offer contingency in emergencies.......they'd be begging us to take a full restoration and cover the taxes..... but the unions haven't the bottle to even suggest it.

To those in the private sector who think I'm nuts....wake up some morning and 25% of your weeks wages has vanished... and don't be incensed.. even 8 years later!
                  Last edited by hptmurphy; 1 December 2017, 12:42.
                  Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Are the post 2013s getting equal pay?

Comment

Personally I wouldn't accepted and voted against what was on offer to us and then told the union to shove it their arse as well !

Paul increases of 1% per anum are scandalous , they took it off us en masse, I want it back the same way. Not only did they take it at source were were also subjected to a discriminitive form of taxation in the Pension Levy... you have access to a miniscule pension on completion of a million years service , so you get taxed extra, plus USC and Property tax.

the unions, representitive associations are so far up the governments arse its difficult to separate the two. During my time in the private secotor I never had problems with employers , unions etc, we got a fair days pay for a fair days work.

Public sector are demonized and as a result are terrified to act appropriately.

If they thought Brexit was going to cause issues, if the Civil and Public service walked out en masse for one week, and I'd forgo the weeks wages to watch the cnuts weep, nurses doctors the whole shooting match and fcuk their oaths and ethics, the Gardai the army and don't offer contingency in emergencies.......they'd be begging us to take a full restoration and cover the taxes..... but the unions haven't the bottle to even suggest it.

To those in the private sector who think I'm nuts....wake up some morning and 25% of your weeks wages has vanished... and don't be incensed.. even 8 years later!
                      Up to now, those at the coalface in the PS. I.e. those who do the majority of the face to face work, were represented by a number of rival unions. However now that the PSEU, CPSU and IMPACT have voted to merge, maybe finally the minions will be able to have the force of numbers to make their protests actually matter.
                      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                        Are the post 2013s getting equal pay?
                        No.

The entry level pay was reduced by a further 2.5% on for new entrants after 2009 and this has yet to be re instated

Comment

PSSC website wont open for logging in as department of defence soldier / reservist

page not found error
                          "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                          "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

fk sake call themselves IT

theres numbers and emails in that links
                            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

fk sake call themselves IT

theres numbers and emails in that links
                              'Department of Defence Soldiers'.........sounds a bit iffy..are we now paying the other shower who think they are Oglaigh na hEireann?

Comment

'Department of Defence Soldiers'.........sounds a bit iffy..are we now paying the other shower who think they are Oglaigh na hEireann?
                                You know what to do murph....

https://If you have any feedback on ... subject line.
                                "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                                "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Working...
                                X