Transferring to another RDF unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring to another RDF unit

Hi all. I have recently moved from Dublin after 10 years to Cork, and my unit I started in the RDF with 15 years ago is defunct since the re-org :(
    Id still like to continue training, but I dont have any contacts in Cork RDF anymore, so I had 2 questions the board may be able to help me with please:
    1. What RDF units are training in Cork at the moment and are open to transfers?
    2. How does one go about looking for a transfer? Please PM if opsec.

plenty to help you here what corps .... inf /arty/tpt/sigs/cav/pa ? or what would you like
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Ok your choices AFAIK are (maybe ask Odin):

Collins Cork (Bde HQ, BTC, Arty, Cav, Engr, CIS, CMU)
      Haulbowline (NSR which could led to a drop in rank/grade)
      Skibereen (Inf)
      Mallow (Inf)

There is a form that needs to be filled out (off the top of my head it could be AF482). Has to be done in at least triplicate and starts at you goes to your Coy OC, unit CO, GOC and then flows down into the destination Bde and then back to your home unit. It will take possibly up to 5 months.

If your a Sgt or above you may need to check out with the new unit if they have any vacancies

Comment

Don't expect it to go through quickly though. I'm waiting over a year and a half for a transfer to 1 Bde. RDF is not a priority but still 18 months is ridiculous

Comment

For Gods sake, stay away from Mallow and Skib.

Comment

Originally posted by Poiuyt View Post
            Sound advice whether in the DF or not.
            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Hi all, thanks for the replies so far. Should have said that Collins is the location that would suit me best back in Cork, back where I began..
              I came from a corps unit, so I think another corps unit is probably the way to go, so signals, transport or engineers probably.
              As well as filling in the form I guess I should speak to someone in one of the units beforehand, to make sure there is a vacancy, as suggested. If anyone from those units is on the board and could help me with that, please feel free to PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Poiuyt View Post
                +1 Big time.Unless you like being in cowboy units stuck in the 1950's.Then belt away
                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

pm sent
                  "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Working...
                  X