• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lt Gen (Retd) Gerry McMahon

RIP

Rest in Peace Gerry

Comment

Rest In Peace
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Worth a click. He was a very interesting man, who served over a time of huge transition for the Defence Forces. He was also (in retirement) one who was not afraid to speak out in defence of his former colleagues.
        I was personally shocked to realise it is 20 years since he retired.
        May he rest in peace.
        For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
          http://www.militaryarchives.ie/en/co...-gerry-mcmahon
          Worth a click. He was a very interesting man, who served over a time of huge transition for the Defence Forces. He was also (in retirement) one who was not afraid to speak out in defence of his former colleagues.
          I was personally shocked to realise it is 20 years since he retired.
          May he rest in peace.
          Listened to a couple of the clips
          Loved the one about his appointment to CoS, and the story about the car, the cameras, etc.
          Shows the character of the man
          Visited a former reserve unit I served in, in the mid 90s, while we were on FTT
          We put on a show for him (as ye do)
          The chopper had to fly onwards to refuel, one of the lucky sods from the unit got a jaunt out and back!

May he rest in peace
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
          X