Dual citizen interested in cadetship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No queens shilling here...
    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasia View Post
      Cadetships are usually advertised around February with annual intakes happening circa October. There will be a number of stages that you will be required to present for, often with only a week or 2 of notice. Be sure that you are in a position to present where and when directed. Competitions Section will be flexible enough as far as they can but you must present at all stages that they require. It will require more than 1 trip to Ireland with no guarantee of success
      The trips shouldn't be an issue as it is highly likely I will be living in Ireland or the U.K after I graduate. Cadetship right now is my top choice so I'm doing everything I can to make sure my application will stand out.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
        The trips shouldn't be an issue as it is highly likely I will be living in Ireland or the U.K after I graduate. Cadetship right now is my top choice so I'm doing everything I can to make sure my application will stand out.
        You can apply tbis year if you expect to graduate this year too

Comment

This year would be very tough as I'm finishing my undergrad on the west coast of the United States so it would basically be practically impossible to go back and forth for the required interviews and testings. That information is very helpful though because that would mean I would be able to apply next year whilst undergoing my graduate degree since the programs I am applying to are one year masters programs and will be in either the UK or Ireland. I really appreciate the information!

Comment

also just to go on my last comment does this mean there are two classes of cadets that simultaneously are present at the curragh? I know the trainings are 15 months so if there are annual intakes I'd assume this is the case. Is it like a junior cadet and senior cadet type situation?

Comment

also just to go on my last comment does this mean there are two classes of cadets that simultaneously are present at the curragh? I know the trainings are 15 months so if there are annual intakes I'd assume this is the case. Is it like a junior cadet and senior cadet type situation?
              The annual class in take is normally Oct (so say the 2018 intake will be commissioned around January 2020, so for the period Oct 2018 to Jan 19 there are 2 classes (obviously the newer class being the junior class). When the cadetship was 21 months there was a fair degree of interaction as far as I know (not sure about now).

Comment

Yes there is a 3 month overlap, used to be a 9 month one, where you have a junior class and a senior class.

The juniors do not become seniors until they have a junior class

Comment

Thanks Dev and Fantasia. This information actually helps me out a lot as I originally thought that I would have to wait 5 months before even being able to start the application process. If everything goes to plan I could hypothetically start my cadetship immediately after completing my masters based on what I now know.

Comment

Working...
                  X