The FCA - A timeline - 1986 to 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
    There were at least 2 on my Pots Course in 1994, one of whom became the first female FCA officer.
    They can't have been infantry, Cav etc. if in the Eastern Command. Those women only went on their recruit camp in late '93 (Gormanston).

Comment

Originally posted by DaithiDub View Post
      They can't have been infantry, Cav etc. if in the Eastern Command. Those women only went on their recruit camp in late '93 (Gormanston).
      It was run by the 8Bn. There wasn't a separate Pots course. All corps attended the same Pots course in the Eastern Command. The women were from Corp units but they did the same Pots course as everyone else.

Comment

It was run by the 8Bn. There wasn't a separate Pots course. All corps attended the same Pots course in the Eastern Command. The women were from Corp units but they did the same Pots course as everyone else.
        Then they weren't in what Trellheim refers to as the 'combat units' for the purposes of his timeline, the first of whom only enlisted the year before.

Comment

If you guys can tell me when the first female NCO got her two stripes I will put it up. Must be 1995 or thereabouts ?

i am sure I saw the red FCA tab earlier than that - but cant remember the dates.

Ref SINCGARS it did go out to Field Sigs and people like that

Not too bothered about the woolly jumper pocket.

What year did we start the proper care of hearing and peltors was that 96
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Up to 94 you only wore double protection for support weapons. I was issued ear plugs on joining in 1988. I don't remember peltors before 94.
            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Well there were two women on my Pots course in 1994 and we were all promoted that November. Can anyone do better than 1994?

Comment

Well there were two women on my Pots course in 1994 and we were all promoted that November. Can anyone do better than 1994?
                2 NCO's on the 1996/97 Officer Cse were promoted prior to 1994, but they had joined in 1991 (CSS Units).
                The first female officer would have commenced her Officer Cse in 1995 to be commissioned in 1996, she was E.Comd, so would to have by minimum be part of Bravo's Cse, if not earlier.
                Woolley Pulley is still in use, associated with SD, but not on the L3.
                The FCA tab was issued in mass with new SD in 1 S.Comd in 1994, ahead of the Military Skills competition, which had a D&D event.

Comment

Originally posted by ltsmarty View Post
                  The first female officer would have commenced her Officer Cse in 1995 to be commissioned in 1996, she was E.Comd, so would to have by minimum be part of Bravo's Cse, if not earlier.
                  She was one of the two women on my course in 1994.

Comment

77 sets were in use for the Regimental shoot in Gormanston in 2003
                    "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Working...
                    X