Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Major General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hptmurphy View Post
    The RG32 has a bigger profile heightwise than the Panther, I took the attached photo last week in Rome

Attachment 8526
    Panther is still a large 4 seat car though. Takes up the same space as a large van. Mowag APC doesn't take up much more road space (only 2m longer) and you can effectivey fit three times as many in it.
    German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
    German 2: Private? I am a general!
    German 1: That is the bad news.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apc View Post
    I was thinking if we had to go back to border patrols they might more suited but in fairness I forgot that from time to time we do need to move personnel under fire at home so Mowags it is.
    Funny.

Border patrols are done by troops. LTAV's can't carry a patrol.A Mowag can. Yes the CAV LTAVs would have a role for ISTAR,but not for Inserting/extracting patrols.

Anyway.If we needed to go armoured but low profile we could always buy more Landcruiser AUV's.
    "Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".
    -- Field Marshall Earl Wavell.1948

3. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Likes DeV, na grohmití, Bravo20 liked this post

Thread Information