Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brits to sell off Iveco Panthers

http://www.janes.com/article/79677/u...-panther-fleet

Surely out of over 400 vehicles we could pick up a dozen or so decent ones at a good price. Can they be much worse than our LTAVs and would be handy for our hard border patrolling

Why are they getting rid?
    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
      Why are they getting rid?
      I'd bet a combination of being shagged from use, not fitting the future force plan, and the never ending one of budget issues.

Comment

According to ARRSE

Comment

What is it about LTAVs that makes them all garage queens?
          We should all have gone with Mowag Eagle....

Comment

I’m not 100% but again we are the only users of this model. Based on a proven design but it’s different

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
              I’m not 100% but again we are the only users of this model. Based on a proven design but it’s different
              Wasn't there something in one of the vehicle threads here about them all being nearly "bespoke" with differences even between vehicles in wiring etc?

Comment

They, the LTAV are inconsistent, underpowered and really really unpopular. Rumor is that when overseas they don't leave camp. There's no standardisation in construction, one LTAV might require a 13mm Wrench for a part of the engine, the one next to it might need a 16mm Wrench for the seemingly same part.
                What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Was the iveco considered when we ended up with the RG? I know it was one of the contenders for the initial (cancelled) competition.

Comment

Was the iveco considered when we ended up with the RG? I know it was one of the contenders for the initial (cancelled) competition.
                    The 2nd competition came down to RG32 LTV, Iveco LMV and MOWAG Eagle 4

None of the vehicles offered for the first attempt were found to meet the criteria AFAIK

Not 100% sure but I don’t think it got beyond the stage of a paperwork review of the offers

Comment

well, having bespoke equipment is not new to the DF so it appears to be a case of just getting on with it and making them work, if it means reducing them to a previous standard/modification state to do so.

Comment

I was in Rome last week and the Italians have the these deployed all over the place along with Landrover 90s,
                        Quite small in comparison to the beast that is the RG32, but very self contained and compact. Not sure are they a pure LTAV look more like an interim between the likes of the Pajero and a fully fledged LTAV
                        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

But for use within the island a vehicle that size maybe more useful

Comment

Originally posted by apc View Post
                            But for use within the island a vehicle that size maybe more useful
                            The less vehicle types the better!

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                              The less vehicle types the better!
                              The RG32 have no pratical use beyond overseas deployment and there are possibly occasions where the Pajeros are less than suitable, but I do agree with a reduction in types...so bin the RG32s
                              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                              X