No announcement yet.

PDF retention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The DOD tries to keep a tight control over who gets briefed and by whom on defence matters.

Comment

There is a reason the Minister for Defence doesn't have a Military Assistant

Comment

The Taoiseach has an ADC if I recall correctly.
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
          Ropebag thats an interesting point , that side of the BA is a much bigger part and so is the media off the record side. This is something historically we are piss poor at I follow ASM and Dan Dailey on twitter they are certainly out and about quite a bit !
          Was the BA ASM not in the DFTC recently? He seems to get around quite a bit!

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
            The DOD tries to keep a tight control over who gets briefed and by whom on defence matters.
            And who thinks it's the job or Irish citizens, in whatever employment they find themselves, to facilitate their efforts?

If I was going to be rudely blunt I might wonder if you get fcuk all because you ask for fcuk all. If you don't think you deserve better why should anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Auldsod View Post
              Was the BA ASM not in the DFTC recently? He seems to get around quite a bit!
              He was and he does. He does town halls with Ptes and JNCO's pretty much everywhere he goes. I like him, a lot, I think he's a fantastic bloke doing a brilliant job - he's had a big impact already and he's set the die for ASM's to be as challenging and outspoken as possible.

Comment

He does, a Comdt. The President has a Col, Comdt and Capt

Comment

One could argue therefore that the Minister for Defence has a Military assistant

Comment

One could argue therefore that the Minister for Defence has a Military assistant
                    no because the DOD control EVERYTHING that gets to the MfD. He doesn't get to see anything that those that set his agenda do not want him to see.

Comment

Sigh... it was a smiley.... the Taoiseach is technically the Minister for Defence at the moment, PK is Minister of State with "Responsibility", therefore the Minister for Defence has a Military ADC or Assistant.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasia View Post
                        There is a reason the Minister for Defence doesn't have a Military Assistant
                        that actually isn’t a bad idea, be it the ADC or a new appointment.

Originally posted by ropebag View Post
                        If I was going to be rudely blunt I might wonder if you get fcuk all because you ask for fcuk all. If you don't think you deserve better why should anyone else?
                        The DF do ask but they have to ask DoD

Originally posted by ropebag View Post
                        He was and he does. He does town halls with Ptes and JNCO's pretty much everywhere he goes. I like him, a lot, I think he's a fantastic bloke doing a brilliant job - he's had a big impact already and he's set the die for ASM's to be as challenging and outspoken as possible.
                        but does he have the power or is it window dressing?

Yes he is pushing an open door but is an notice taken?

Originally posted by Fantasia View Post
                        no because the DOD control EVERYTHING that gets to the MfD. He doesn't get to see anything that those that set his agenda do not want him to see.
                        On Defence policy/advise

Not military policy/advise

Comment

More of a traditional post with ceremonial responsibilities and protocol as opposed to an actual policy advisor
                          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

More of a traditional post with ceremonial responsibilities and protocol as opposed to an actual policy advisor
                            it was a smiley face geez guys

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post

I just finished reading the Report of the PSPC 2017.The Defence sector part referenced the DoD/DPER submissions along with RACo. No mention of PDFORRAs.

And why do you think that is.

Compare the submissions from RACO, ARCO and PDFORRA. The RA's are only as good as those they elect. What PDFORRA published was utter drivel and its membership should have a long hard look at who's running the RA on their behalf. A sixteen page submission, the majority of which was made by the ICTU. Heck, even ARCO had more of their own original content vs PDFORRAs copy and paste from the ICTU.

RACO's tome in contrast ran to 246 pages, no wonder it was taken more seriously.
                              Last edited by northie; 10 May 2018, 09:07.

Comment

Ah lads I've just read PDFORRAs submission and RACO's . For fking shame ; how on earth can PDFORRA justify that kind of submission when you look at RACO's. that is awful . Wheres ARW allowance, duty money, MSA, sub and any of the rest . I'm neutral here and I've been an Pte and an NCO . I could have provided FEMPI, Bord Snip allowance, any of the Gleeson report backdrops and we have union folks in the RDF who'd have given a dig out if asked and thats just me .

you only get one shot at this for the next 10 years !

omg, omg.
                                Last edited by trellheim; 10 May 2018, 10:37.

Comment

Working...
                                X