• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lt Col Brendan Walsh

Lt Col Brendan Walsh passed away this morning

Formerly of 21 Inf Bn FCA, 62 Res Inf Bn and 2 Bde HQ RDF

Rest in Peace
    "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

Rest in peace

Comment

Knew Brendan for many, many years. RIP Sir.

Comment

I was ops for Brendan for a long while.. RIP
          Last edited by trellheim; 25 June 2018, 21:35.
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

From Rip.ie

The death has occurred of Brendan WALSH
            Bray, Wicklow

Brendan Walsh of Bray, Co. Wicklow, passed away peacefully, after a long illness, on 25th June, 2018, in the exceptional care of the staff at Blackrock Hospice. Dearly loved husband of Mairéad, much loved Dad of Chris, Mark and Leanne, cherished Grandad of Keelie, beloved brother of Niall and Rosemarie, he will be sadly missed by his nieces, in-laws, extended family, friends and comrades in the reserve.

The family wish to thank the staff at Blackrock Hospice and St. Vincent’s University Hospital for the wonderful care given to Brendan.

A gathering for family and friends will take place at Colliers Funeral Home, Old Connaught Avenue, Bray on Wednesday (27th June) from 5.00pm-7.00pm, with prayers at 6.30pm. Requiem Mass on Thursday (28th June) at 11.00am in St. Fergal’s Church, Ballywaltrim followed by burial in Springfield Cemetery, Killarney Road, Bray. Flowers welcome, however, donations, if desired, can be made to Blackrock Hospice at the funeral home or church.

May he rest in peace.
            "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

ResT In Peace
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Rest in Peace
                I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

Working...
                X