Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  35
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 36 of 36
  1. #26
    CQMS
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    About the same amount of time you have had a dogfight with a Mig 29 in your "Fighter jet".(usually while humming "danger zone" to yourself).
    Goose and maverick? More like Ostrich and Emu.

    (This is getting good.All we need now is to start squidbashing and we will have a proper tri-service slagging match)
    You could've just been honest and said never! There is no shame in it.

    To be fair though - "steely eyed dealers of death".

    Nothing will get a bigger laugh than that! Classic.

  2. #27
    Lt General apod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ass in the grass.
    Posts
    4,990
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    You could've just been honest and said never! There is no shame in it.

    To be fair though - "steely eyed dealers of death".

    Nothing will get a bigger laugh than that! Classic.
    Nope.The AC acting like the are a real airforce usually gets the biggest laughs.
    Airfarce more like.

    PS: Always one dryballs at a slagging match. Get with the spirit.
    Infantry Corps - An Lámh Comhrac


    "Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".
    -- Field Marshall Earl Wavell.1948

  3. Likes DeV liked this post
  4. #28
    CQMS
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    Nope.The AC acting like the are a real airforce usually gets the biggest laughs.
    Airfarce more like.

    PS: Always one dryballs at a slagging match. Get with the spirit.
    "Airfarce" I see what you did there. I have never witnessed such wit and ingenuity! I can see all that time spent weeding and cleaning windows has paid off in dividends!
    Last edited by Chuck; 12th July 2018 at 08:14.

  5. Likes na grohmití, hptmurphy, Truck Driver liked this post
  6. #29
    Lt General apod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ass in the grass.
    Posts
    4,990
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    "Airfarce" I see what you did there. I have never witnessed such wit and ingenuity! I can see all that time spent weeding and cleaning windows has paid off in dividends!
    Yawn. C'mon .You can do better than that. How long are you in the DF? Have you not honed your slagging skills by now?
    Last chance to come back with something good or I am going back to slagging the Daniel boone fan club.

    The closest the AC will get to real jets:
    Irish AC does Top Gun.jpg
    Last edited by apod; 13th July 2018 at 16:35.
    Infantry Corps - An Lámh Comhrac


    "Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".
    -- Field Marshall Earl Wavell.1948

  7. Likes Bravo20 liked this post
  8. #30
    CQMS
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't fret, soon enough there will be a good bit of rain and those pesky weeds will be growing like there's no tomorrow. It hasn't been great window cleaning weather either by all accounts, sunshine is a nightmare for streak marks. Luckily the floors still need a bit of polish every now and then, otherwise you would be completely idle!

    I know you are an infantry fanatic but this kit will probably be more useful to you than any fancy pouches or head torch. Not sure why it's not on the scale of issue to be honest! Thankfully the CQ has it covered.

    https://www.qvc.com/Don-Asletts-15-p...ct.V24863.html

    I'm sure a whip around could be organised.

  9. Likes apod, X-RayOne liked this post
  10. #31
    Space Lord of Terra morpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Metropolis
    Posts
    3,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    you couldnve said
    That attachment was just like the infantry.... it doesnt work.
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

  11. #32
    Lt General apod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ass in the grass.
    Posts
    4,990
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Don't fret, soon enough there will be a good bit of rain and those pesky weeds will be growing like there's no tomorrow. It hasn't been great window cleaning weather either by all accounts, sunshine is a nightmare for streak marks. Luckily the floors still need a bit of polish every now and then, otherwise you would be completely idle!

    I know you are an infantry fanatic but this kit will probably be more useful to you than any fancy pouches or head torch. Not sure why it's not on the scale of issue to be honest! Thankfully the CQ has it covered.

    https://www.qvc.com/Don-Asletts-15-p...ct.V24863.html

    I'm sure a whip around could be organised.
    Much better.Still pretty lame though. Now let me see. What is the biggest Corps,with most members,with the most important role,whose members actually go out in all weathers(as opposed to sitting in a vehicle,or "cough" aircraft, and do the business.
    As opposed to the 9-5 Corps of the ARMY who can't even get a discount in the Great outdoors for being members of the Military and whose members get a nosebleed anytime they are asked to move more than 5 miles from their cushy base???

    Answer: NOT the Infantry.
    Last edited by apod; 13th July 2018 at 16:38.
    Infantry Corps - An Lámh Comhrac


    "Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".
    -- Field Marshall Earl Wavell.1948

  12. #33
    Lt General apod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ass in the grass.
    Posts
    4,990
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus View Post
    you couldnve said
    That attachment was just like the infantry.... it doesnt work.
    Pleasssse.The Infantry is the ONLY Corps that works.

    (Fixed the Pic BTW)
    Infantry Corps - An Lámh Comhrac


    "Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".
    -- Field Marshall Earl Wavell.1948

  13. #34
    Commandant
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,842
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    Pleasssse.The Infantry is the ONLY Corps that works....
    interestingly, the word Infantry is derived from a Spanish phrase - Infateria - it means those too inexperienced, or of too low a rank, to serve in the Cavalry. Sergeant of course is derived from the latin for slave...

  14. Likes apod, Bravo20 liked this post
  15. #35
    Hostage Flamingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Over the water
    Posts
    3,244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sits back, opens popcorn
    'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
    'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
    Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
    He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
    http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

  16. Likes Truck Driver liked this post
  17. #36
    Lt General apod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ass in the grass.
    Posts
    4,990
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ropebag View Post
    interestingly, the word Infantry is derived from a Spanish phrase - Infateria - it means those too inexperienced, or of too low a rank, to serve in the Cavalry. Sergeant of course is derived from the latin for slave...

    Now that's more like it! Chuck.Take notes. Total Horseshit(see what I did there) of course .But witty.
    As for slave.Believe me ,I know.
    Infantry Corps - An Lámh Comhrac


    "Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".
    -- Field Marshall Earl Wavell.1948

  18. Likes ropebag, Truck Driver liked this post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •