Cav/arty locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you couldnve said
    That attachment was just like the infantry.... it doesnt work.
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
      Don't fret, soon enough there will be a good bit of rain and those pesky weeds will be growing like there's no tomorrow. It hasn't been great window cleaning weather either by all accounts, sunshine is a nightmare for streak marks. Luckily the floors still need a bit of polish every now and then, otherwise you would be completely idle!

I know you are an infantry fanatic but this kit will probably be more useful to you than any fancy pouches or head torch. Not sure why it's not on the scale of issue to be honest! Thankfully the CQ has it covered.

I'm sure a whip around could be organised.
      Much better.Still pretty lame though. Now let me see. What is the biggest Corps,with most members,with the most important role,whose members actually go out in all weathers(as opposed to sitting in a vehicle,or "cough" aircraft, and do the business.
      As opposed to the 9-5 Corps of the ARMY who can't even get a discount in the Great outdoors for being members of the Military and whose members get a nosebleed anytime they are asked to move more than 5 miles from their cushy base???

Answer: NOT the Infantry.
      Last edited by apod; 13 July 2018, 17:38.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
        you couldnve said
        That attachment was just like the infantry.... it doesnt work.
        Pleasssse.The Infantry is the ONLY Corps that works.

(Fixed the Pic BTW)
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
          Pleasssse.The Infantry is the ONLY Corps that works....
          interestingly, the word Infantry is derived from a Spanish phrase - Infateria - it means those too inexperienced, or of too low a rank, to serve in the Cavalry. Sergeant of course is derived from the latin for slave...

Comment

Sits back, opens popcorn
            'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
            'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
            Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
            He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
            http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Originally posted by ropebag View Post
              interestingly, the word Infantry is derived from a Spanish phrase - Infateria - it means those too inexperienced, or of too low a rank, to serve in the Cavalry. Sergeant of course is derived from the latin for slave...

Now that's more like it! Chuck.Take notes. Total Horseshit(see what I did there) of course .But witty.
              As for slave.Believe me ,I know.

Comment

Working...
              X