Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  35
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gunnery Sgt.
    Post Thanks / Like

Cav/arty locations

Hi all,
    Looking for the name of the closest artillery/cavalry sub unit to donegal.
    Cheers
    Pussyand Gunsmoke.......live by one, die by the other, and love the smell of both in the morning!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Military.ie should be able to give you the unit locations, but assuming you're in Donegal Town, you're looking at between a two and a half and three and a half hour one way trip for the three nearest Cav/Arty units.
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Athlone for Artillery. 2 BAR is the Unit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Arty - Athlone
    Cav - CBB Dublin

Post Thanks / Like
    Most units outside of the minority of locations are now solely infantry.

Lt General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also both cav and arty have been seriously contaminated by former infantry types. Turn up in a Mowag and they all head for the back door. Turn up with a 105 And they attach a sling to the barrel and try to pack the wheels in their backpack...
    German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
    German 2: Private? I am a general!
    German 1: That is the bad news.

7. Likes hptmurphy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by na grohmit� View Post
    Also both cav and arty have been seriously contaminated by former infantry types. Turn up in a Mowag and they all head for the back door. Turn up with a 105 And they attach a sling to the barrel and try to pack the wheels in their backpack...
    The only people going to the Cav and Arty are Pte's.Usually those who couldn't hack it in proper Infantry units. NCO's can't get in to the Corpse units as their vacancies are ringfenced by Annex XYZ. Probably because they are afraid that an influx of steely eyed dealers of death would upset their fry ups on the gun line or tie knots in their racoon tails.
    Infantry Corps - An Lámh Comhrac

"Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".
    -- Field Marshall Earl Wavell.1948

9. Thanks DeV, Buck thanked for this post
    Likes DeV, X-RayOne liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    “.... to destroy the enemy and hold ground by day or night in any terrain.”

11. Likes apod liked this post
    Custom User Title
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    The only people going to the Cav and Arty are Pte's.Usually those who couldn't hack it in proper Infantry units. NCO's can't get in to the Corpse units as their vacancies are ringfenced by Annex XYZ. Probably because they are afraid that an influx of steely eyed dealers of death would upset their fry ups on the gun line or tie knots in their racoon tails.
    Corpse ???? WTF is that ya ape? A. B. C.. D. E....

Saw ya in the DFTC a few weeks ago.. Meant to have a chat with you.

Lt General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tell that to the 4th Bn.

14. Likes hptmurphy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Craghopper View Post
    Corpse ???? WTF is that ya ape? A. B. C.. D. E....

Saw ya in the DFTC a few weeks ago.. Meant to have a chat with you.
    Corpse.As in Dead and rotting with a bad smell coming off it.
    You Know; Like the Cav and Arty.

"Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".

16. Likes Buck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tell that to the 4th Bn.
    "THE Battalion"?(Like there was no other Bn in the Country)

All mad,bad 100% Infantry.

Until they thought they might have to move out of Cork.

Then they had to slum it and suck it up.
    Last edited by apod; 7th July 2018 at 18:22.

18. Likes na grohmití liked this post
    Custom User Title
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhhhhh.... Your wit was lost on me... lol

20. Likes apod liked this post
    Gunnery Sgt.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply guys. I love how this instantly turned into a pissing contest! 😂😂😂😂😂
    Pussyand Gunsmoke.......live by one, die by the other, and love the smell of both in the morning!!

22. Likes na grohmití liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I smell pretty good I'll have you know!!!

24. Likes hptmurphy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ODIN View Post
    I smell pretty good I'll have you know!!!
    Only when you are standing beside a Platoon of Infantry.
    Not your fault.Racoons are notorious for smelling bad.

Cavalry Corpse: latin name : cavalrous useless-ous. Distinctive odour; Diesel ,farts and fear.
    Last edited by apod; 10th July 2018 at 12:04.

26. Likes Buck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only when you are standing beside a Platoon of Infantry.
    Not your fault.Racoons are notorious for smelling bad.

Cavalry Corpse: latin name : cavalrous useless-ous. Distinctive odour; Diesel ,farts and fear.
    Oh APOD, my sweet smelling infantry friend, I do love the smell of Diesel in the morning. And the only fear the Cav have is that some gravel agitators will shoot us in the back while protecting your flanks or doing a recce to make sure your path is safe. The things we do to look after ye
    Last edited by ODIN; 10th July 2018 at 14:14.

28. Likes apod, madmark, na grohmití liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ODIN View Post
    Oh APOD, my sweet smelling infantry friend, I do love the smell of Diesel in the morning. And the only fear the Cav have is that some gravel agitators will shoot us in the back while protecting your flanks or doing a recce to make sure your path is safe. The things we do to look after ye
    Cav man inside tin can : " Oh shit,literally everything can kill us bar a rifle and I can't even see where the threat is coming from.WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!!".

Infantry Man outside tin can: "Those fools can't even see me sneak up with my SRAAW/84/JAV.If it's tracked it's whacked,oh and it's a lovely day out here I can see for miles".

30. Likes DeV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    h APOD, my sweet smelling infantry friend, I do love the smell of Diesel in the morning. And the only fear the Cav have is that some gravel agitators will shoot us in the back while protecting your flanks or doing a recce to make sure your path is safe. The things we do to look after ye
    Smelling sweet while standing next to infantry is easy because they all Pukes!...and its a comparison not an enhancement!

Interesting to note that the Infantry probably have more APCs than the Cav have AFVs... so who is a smelly diesel head now!!!!
    Time for another break I think......

32. Likes ODIN, na grohmití, Truck Driver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hptmurphy View Post
    Smelling sweet while standing next to infantry is easy because they all Pukes!...and its a comparison not an enhancement!

Interesting to note that the Infantry probably have more APCs than the Cav have AFVs... so who is a smelly diesel head now!!!!
    Shhhhh. Don't mention the Blood clots. And if the Infantry have more armour than the Cav,then why exactly do we need them again???LOL

34. Likes DeV liked this post
    Lt General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shhhhh. Don't mention the Blood clots. And if the Infantry have more armour than the Cav,then why exactly do we need them again???LOL
    To show you how to do your job properly?

Post Thanks / Like
    To show you how to do your job properly?

Ah.No.
    The Cav don't close with and kill the enemy and seize and hold ground on any terrain and under any weather conditions by day and by night.

"We don't do sections attacks" Quote,unquote. Cav NCO to LFTT Instr when asked why his team hadn't brought Bayonets.

Anyway. Time to shift fire to the Dropshorts now.

CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah.No.
    The Cav don't close with and kill the enemy and seize and hold ground on any terrain and under any weather conditions by day and by night.

"We don't do sections attacks" Quote,unquote. Cav NCO to LFTT Instr when asked why his team hadn't brought Bayonets.

Anyway. Time to shift fire to the Dropshorts now.
    Just curious - How many times have you closed with and killed an enemy that was firing live ammunition at you? And the playstation doesnt count!
    Last edited by Chuck; 11th July 2018 at 18:55.

38. Likes Fantasia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Just curious - How many times have you closed with and killed an enemy that was firing live ammunition at you? And the playstation doesnt count!
    About the same amount of time you have had a dogfight with a Mig 29 in your "Fighter jet".(usually while humming "danger zone" to yourself).
    Goose and maverick? More like Ostrich and Emu.

(This is getting good.All we need now is to start squidbashing and we will have a proper tri-service slagging match)

40. Likes Bravo20, ODIN, Truck Driver liked this post
    Lt General
    Post Thanks / Like
    To be fair your comparison is like asking a section of ground pounders to unhitch, set up and fire a 105. Its not what they train to do daily, though if pushed, they would give it a go, and everyone would end up injured, except the enemy.

Thread Information