He put a bullet through his brain.
    And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
    Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
    Sneak home and pray you'll never know
    The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Scale of issue is more decent.
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
        Nope.Those are issued Scouts.Ruined by waxing by the look of it.

We were made do it ????????*??
        Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

• Originally posted by spider pig View Post
          We were made do it ????????*??
          ????: is that a yes you were made do it. Or not?
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Sorry, that was a palm to face emoji. We were made to do it
            Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

• Originally posted by Buck View Post
              That Kampfstiefel Schwer looks decent
              The Nebraska Pro by HAIX provides you with all the support you need whilst carrying out activities such as forestry work, gardening or mountain hiking. Its Vibram sole is manufactured in a special...

Its this in black with hooks instead of rings for the laces.

Interestingly there appear to have been problems with the black boot during the production runs, with seconds being sold off for about €150-120. SRP is €250. It would be great if the powers that be would give an indication of what colour is being purchased in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by spider pig View Post
                Sorry, that was a palm to face emoji. We were made to do it
                So.Boots ruined.€184.00 a pop.
                What was it ?Wax.Polish.Who gave the order? What Dumbass excuse did they use?
                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by northie View Post
                  https://www.haix.co.uk/haix-nebraska-pro

Its this in black with hooks instead of rings for the laces.

Interestingly there appear to have been problems with the black boot during the production runs, with seconds being sold off for about €150-120. SRP is €250. It would be great if the powers that be would give an indication of what colour is being purchased in the future.
                  For us? Brown. 18500 pairs of Brown Scouts.

Comment

For us? Brown. 18500 pairs of Brown Scouts.
                    Have you seen the tender? Heard that somewhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by northie View Post
                      Have you seen the tender? Heard that somewhere else.
                      Yes. I have.

Comment

• RFT cancelled. No successful bidder. RFT to be re-published.

This is going to cause massive problems. There is already difficulty in obtaining certain sizes of Barrack boots due to dwindling stock.

Comment

RFT cancelled. No successful bidder. RFT to be re-published.

This is going to cause massive problems. There is already difficulty in obtaining certain sizes of Barrack boots due to dwindling stock.
                          This was part of a joint RFT (2 lots, lot 1 being for AGS) - the whole RFT has been cancelled

Reason given is “discontinue of procedure”

It shouldn’t cause a problem as generally OCES has too much stock of most things because the demanding stores don’t order enough
                          Last edited by DeV; 29 June 2019, 22:31.

Comment

• Gee Dev. I never would have thought to read the notification.Please.Continue to tell me more of what I already know.
                            Seriously.You know me well enough to know that before I put something up here I do my homework.

As for distribution problems.You cant order what they don't have.

Comment

Gee Dev. I never would have thought to read the notification.Please.Continue to tell me more of what I already know.
                              Seriously.You know me well enough to know that before I put something up here I do my homework.

As for distribution problems.You cant order what they don't have.
                              You do, others may not.

It’s strange that the AGS is cancelled as well.

OCES generally carry a fair bit of stock and are normally calling off the previous contract. Plenty of cases of Bde level stores not having stock and OCES having hundreds.

I’m not saying your wrong btw

Comment

• Good because you are wrong on this occasion.

Bde level stores are only allowed to carry a two month supply of stock.

Again you can't order from OCES what they don't have.

As for the tender I wonder was money the case for it being cancelled. IE the suppliers wanting more than the DF was prepared to pay?

Comment

Working...
                                X