• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will i be allowed to use a calculator when i do the aptitude test

I did the first test with a calculator

Will i be allowed to use a calculator at the barracks when i do it again

or do they only select a certain amount of people to retake it

Or will i even have to retake it at all?

Check with the Bde Manpower office that you applied to

I recommend firstly asking if you can repeat it

If you were allowed one previously the same rules will apply

Comment

Everybody has to do a second sitting in a supervised environment. They're not necessarily looking for you to do better than your first sitting or even that of your fellow applicants; it's just to make sure that the results are in a similar range - therefore proving that you didn't just get your da or your sister to do it for you on the first time!

Speaking from my experience of attempting the Cadetship comp last year, you were allowed a pen and paper but no calculator IIRC

Comment

Originally posted by JetstreamJim View Post
        Everybody has to do a second sitting in a supervised environment. They're not necessarily looking for you to do better than your first sitting or even that of your fellow applicants; it's just to make sure that the results are in a similar range - therefore proving that you didn't just get your da or your sister to do it for you on the first time!

Speaking from my experience of attempting the Cadetship comp last year, you were allowed a pen and paper but no calculator IIRC
        I concur with the above from also sitting the aptitude tests for a relatively recent competition. It's an aptitude test so using a calculator would defeat the purpose.

Then again, maybe standards are gone down again....

Comment

Working...
        X