• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t know if it has been raised .... yet..... it either has or will be

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
      I don’t know if it has been raised .... yet..... it either has or will be
      For the name of Christ, you do not have to have something to say to every post. If you don't know something .... say nothing!!

You just make yourself look like an idiot!!

Comment

The normal route is the issue is raised at a C&A meeting. Ideally it is raised with both military and the civil side. The civil side make the decision but you need the support of the military side. RDFRA could request a meeting with the Minister.

Unfortunately the power currently lies with DOD. The minister is weak. The DOD don't like the DF and they like the RDF even less. If PDFORRA and RACO think they have little power to wield then RDFRA has even less.

To get this changed will require someone in DOD deciding to do the right thing. It is not fair to expect RDFRA to be able to get this changed overnight. BUT they should at least started the ball rolling.

Comment

The DOD don't like the DF .
          Just a quick pause.
          But what the continental F**K is wrong with that picture!! Where else in the world would an electorate put up with that mickey mouse,self serving,short sighted,kingdom building buttf**Kery???
          The chickens will soon come home to roost if we find ourselves knee deep in shit again along the border next year.

Now. Carry on.
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasia View Post
            For the name of Christ, you do not have to have something to say to every post. If you don't know something .... say nothing!!

You just make yourself look like an idiot!!
            I’m not revealing my source

But I know it is on RDFRA’s radar to do something about

Poiuyt is accusing RDFRA of doing nothing, none of us know if it is has been raised yet

Comment

I do not think RDFRAs argument goes far enough in my view
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Again, the most surprising thing for me is that this wasn't an issue for the RDFRA until now....

Should have been on the radar years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by auldsod View Post
                  again, the most surprising thing for me is that this wasn't an issue for the rdfra until now....

rofl :-d:-d
                  "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                    I’m not revealing my source

But I know it is on RDFRA’s radar to do something about

Poiuyt is accusing RDFRA of doing nothing, none of us know if it is has been raised yet
                    From my extensive experience of RDFRA and sources within RDFRA, "Being on their Radar", "Raising the Issue" & "Progressing the Issue" is political double speak for looking like they are doing something when they either don't know what to do or are not really bothered to do anything.

When it comes to RDFRA, getting them to commit to anything that doesn't benefit themselves is like nailing jelly to a wall - unless they lay out specifically what they intend do in detail (which they won't do), then forget about them doing anything worthwhile.

There are whole threads on just how bad RDFRA have become so I won't go into it, but do not expect them to do anything in this instance.

Comment

• I’m not giving the source or how I know but don’t but my words in RDFRA’s mouth..... because they aren’t their words

Comment

• Originally posted by Auldsod View Post
                        Again, the most surprising thing for me is that this wasn't an issue for the RDFRA until now....

To be honest until you raised it nobody here noticed that we were being underpaid.

I don't know what RDFRA's current relationship with C&A is like but I can tell how pay rates were communicated in the past. The DOD would simply email or post a copy of the rates they had agreed with PDFORRA and RACO (like the ones you provided the link to) and it was a take or leave it scenario.

That was fine when our pay was pegged to the PDF. Now that it has been separated, RDFRA needs to have its own pay negotiations talks. That or restore the parity.

Comment

• In fairness, it’s probably take it or leave it for PDF as well except when they go to C&A on Allowances

Comment

• That was fine when our pay was pegged to the PDF. Now that it has been separated, RDFRA needs to have its own pay negotiations talks. That or restore the parity.
                            I believe it still is !
                            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                              To be honest until you raised it nobody here noticed that we were being underpaid.
                              So, what do RDFRA do? I would believe that pay would be one of the fundamental tasks of a union/representative association. I mean, I'm in a Union at work that would stage a countrywide shut down if they found 1 member was being paid 1 cent less than they should. Because pay is a fundamental task for Unions.

So what do RDFRA do?

Comment

• I thought from the outset the RDFRA were not permitted (by statute) to negotiate on matters relating to pay and operational matters.
                                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Working...
                                X